Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

The farm and Billy Bragg played in pilton for Michael's birthday. So if they've not been offered a festival slot in return I'll be hugely surprised. I doubt a booking fee was paid for those shows.

On 10/19/2023 at 7:33 PM, dotdash79 said:

It might take an other stage slot to boost his profile. Or he and his label might not care about Europe. 

Pretty sure some were saying he's likely to do Euro shows in 2024, though I would say maybe own headline shows if he was to come to the UK rather than necessarily going straight in at a big festival slot, given that while Bad Bunny is a huge US star, UK market isn't quite there yet. But hey. I could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Nile Rodgers & CHIC, new 2024 summer tour announced alongside special guest Sophie Ellis-Bextor,

Halifax The Piece Hall, 16 June
Southampton Summer Sessions, 23
Bedford Summer Sessions, 07
Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod, 11
Margate Dreamland, 13

Not sure where he would go after 3rd down Pyramid.

Johnny Marr, the renowned British musician & songwriter announces The Spirit Power Tour 2024 plus support from Gaz Coombes,

Newcastle O2 City Hall, 02 April
Glasgow Barrowlands, 03
Leeds O2 Academy, 05
Liverpool Olympia, 06
Wolverhampton The Halls, 07
Cardiff Great Hall, 09
Bristol O2 Academy, 10
London Eventim Apollo, 12
Brighton Dome, 13
Nottingham Rock City, 14

26 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Johnny Marr, the renowned British musician & songwriter announces The Spirit Power Tour 2024 plus support from Gaz Coombes,

Newcastle O2 City Hall, 02 April
Glasgow Barrowlands, 03
Leeds O2 Academy, 05
Liverpool Olympia, 06
Wolverhampton The Halls, 07
Cardiff Great Hall, 09
Bristol O2 Academy, 10
London Eventim Apollo, 12
Brighton Dome, 13
Nottingham Rock City, 14

Thats a cracking evening out. Gaz Coombes was fantastic earlier this year. Proper solo artist vibes.

16 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Play the hits, Gaz ffs. Take a leaf outta yer mate Johnny's book.

I must be an oddity as I'm happier to hear the solo stuff. He's got a decent solo catalogue now and his latest LP is the best yet. Hoping he's with us on the farm next year.

22 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

I must be an oddity as I'm happier to hear the solo stuff. He's got a decent solo catalogue now and his latest LP is the best yet. Hoping he's with us on the farm next year.

Thats cool. Just not as big on the solo bits. A healthy mix would do the trick.

When I saw Gaz play Glasters last it wasnt a patch on when I saw Supergrass play Glasters last.

55 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Thats cool. Just not as big on the solo bits. A healthy mix would do the trick.

When I saw Gaz play Glasters last it wasnt a patch on when I saw Supergrass play Glasters last.

I've seen both versions and while I definitely prefer Supergrass, I can totally see why he would want to stick to his solo stuff. If he's just going to play Alright at every gig he might as well not go solo...

56 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I've seen both versions and while I definitely prefer Supergrass, I can totally see why he would want to stick to his solo stuff. If he's just going to play Alright at every gig he might as well not go solo...

Sure - i get that. Just think a balance would be good is all.

I was at a Craig Finn solo show once, thoroughly enjoying it just being his solo stuff and knowing that no Hold Steady stuff was on the cards.

He started talking about it towards the end of the gig and said "I'm often asked why I don't play any Hold Steady stuff on my solo shows. Well, it just doesn't seem right without any other members of the band here. Anyway, here's Tad Kubler..."

For the many of you who don't know, Tad is The Hold Steady's guitarist, and they promptly played 4 or 5 HS tunes while the place went nuts.

I guess what this shows is that while we all pretend to appreciate the solo stuff, what we really want is at least a couple of the big singalong tunes that got us to hear the singer/guitarist/whoever it is in the first place.

Yes, that's a sweeping statement but I can't think of any solo performer from a big act that's I've not appreciated dragging out at least one of the hits. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I was at a Craig Finn solo show once, thoroughly enjoying it just being his solo stuff and knowing that no Hold Steady stuff was on the cards.

He started talking about it towards the end of the gig and said "I'm often asked why I don't play any Hold Steady stuff on my solo shows. Well, it just doesn't seem right without any other members of the band here. Anyway, here's Tad Kubler..."

For the many of you who don't know, Tad is The Hold Steady's guitarist, and they promptly played 4 or 5 HS tunes while the place went nuts.

I guess what this shows is that while we all pretend to appreciate the solo stuff, what we really want is at least a couple of the big singalong tunes that got us to hear the singer/guitarist/whoever it is in the first place.

Yes, that's a sweeping statement but I can't think of any solo performer from a big act that's I've not appreciated dragging out at least one of the hits. 

I've seen Gaz solo a good few times now and apart from this year hes always dropped in a Supergrass tune or two. 2nd to last time I saw him it felt a bit unnecessary when he did Caught by the Fuzz. This year he didnt do any Supergrass and it made for a much better setlist. His "old" or "classic" tunes he played were his early solo tunes. Detroit, Matador, English Ruse etc. Worked great. Maybe helped that Supergrass were around pre and post covid. 

Wings didnt play any Beatles tunes really. Different thing going on.