Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

Just now, Skip997 said:

This

I'd rather listen to Roy Keane

"Usually the Glastonbury fans are fantastic. But when bands like Keane are booked they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the Pyramid Stage. I don't think some of the people who come to Glastonbury can spell 'music', never mind understand it. Its a disgrace"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bigsliceoflemon said:

Have we ever considered that maybe everyone has to have a glasto-shaped hole in their tour dates, because glasto has so many stages that it absorbs such a high % of the sound techs, lighting people, drivers, sound equipment, tour staff, security, bar staff etc etc in Europe?

No, it's because everyone over the age of 55 needs to keep it free so that the legends slot thread can thrive.

8 minutes ago, bigsliceoflemon said:

Have we ever considered that maybe everyone has to have a glasto-shaped hole in their tour dates, because glasto has so many stages that it absorbs such a high % of the sound techs, lighting people, drivers, sound equipment, tour staff, security, bar staff etc etc in Europe?

There might be a certain difficulty putting on another UK festival that weekend for the reasons you mention, and possibly even a small number of venues might lose enough key in house staff that they don't operate - but I don't think any of that is going to be a significant factor in terms of Europe as a whole and certainly not enough to create artificial holes in tour dates.

Most venues around the country still operate just fine during the weekend - I'm sure we've all had examples over the years where we've had to miss a show because we're at Glastonbury.