Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

23 minutes ago, bigsliceoflemon said:

Have we ever considered that maybe everyone has to have a glasto-shaped hole in their tour dates, because glasto has so many stages that it absorbs such a high % of the sound techs, lighting people, drivers, sound equipment, tour staff, security, bar staff etc etc in Europe?

Not really. How can BST still operate the same weekend if Glasto is apparently taking away all that infrastructure. Same goes for stadium tours. Taylor Swift somehow has a production shortage coming for her dates in Ireland that weekend? Thats why her tour has 2 sets of the steel support structure so they dont have to tear everything down and move it to the next city. They just have to move the led panels, floor production and pa which doesnt take as long to tear down and set up.

On 9/11/2023 at 10:23 AM, bigsliceoflemon said:

Have we ever considered that maybe everyone has to have a glasto-shaped hole in their tour dates, because glasto has so many stages that it absorbs such a high % of the sound techs, lighting people, drivers, sound equipment, tour staff, security, bar staff etc etc in Europe?

I mean... it doesn't absorb a high % of those things, especially not widened to Europe at a whole (count the major events that happen continent-wide that weekend), so the premise of the question is flawed.

You can guess a few things from holes and gaps in tour schedules around the spring/autumn - for example, those four small-ish Euro dates for Keane suggests they'll probably turn up at a lot of the European festivals... those two Mexican shows are around the time there are festivals in South America... no date in Scotland means they might pop up at a Scottish festival like TRNSMT and so on. Of course, it could also mean none of those things - this forum is full of posts confidently predicting Artist X will roll up at Glastonbury or some other festival because they have gigs in the UK either side of the dates, and then they don't get booked.

But that's part of the fun of being on here shitposting 9 months out from a festival we don't have tickets for (yet)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, foolee said:

BMTH other stage headliner one night? Seem to be touring again next year, new album and have done R&L/Download recently. 

They've played twice, in fairly low Other slots, and while i had fun i wouldnt say the crowd was big or particularly into it either time. Itd surprise me if they took an Other headline slot, its just not really their festival and theyve given it a bash already 

16 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

They seem due for a return, they were really good on West Holts in 2019.

Woodsies headliner?

To be honest I think I they have shrunk in stature a bit since last time I'd have probably put them as a mid day on Woodsies, park or West Holts again. 

New album has been poorly received as well. I recon they can still do a good live show though. 

The castlefield bowl show seems like an ambitiously sized venue for them these days. 

On 9/26/2023 at 3:34 PM, MK1 said:

James Blunt is announced for a festival in France 3 weeks after Glastonbury..... He will do more, that's for sure....

He's probably well over due a return. Something like 5th down Pyramid.

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

James and Razorlight touring in June…

IMG_0064.thumb.jpeg.82fa68d21bbc6f2c6f00650c959adaed.jpeg

I'm kind expect Razorlight to play potentially 3/4 up from the bottom at Glastonbury. A little combo of The Coral with their new album and Razorlight would be grand for me.