Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

52 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

You misunderstood my question

Why unearth would anyone book them?

Because they tend to book acts and artists that are popular, not necessarily the ones that you like. 

For a start, I'd say that 8 UK Chart number one singles and 3 UK Chart number one albums is as good a reason as any. 

56 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

They're not my bag either, but there's absolutely no doubt that they're worthy of a Pyramid-sub or Other headline slot. Face it Skip, the days where your personal music taste matched the main stages of the festival disappeared with the dogs on string.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

They're not my bag either, but there's absolutely no doubt that they're worthy of a Pyramid-sub or Other headline slot. Face it Skip, the days where your personal music taste matched the main stages of the festival disappeared with the dogs on string.

Interestingly the bulk of music on the main stages, with the exception of WH, has never matched my personal taste. Looking back I've seen relatively few acts on the Pyramid, Other Stage, Avalon or Acoustic.

Like the reference to dogs on strings though.

14 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Cause old gits like you have zero idea about music that has been released in the last 10 years so anything that isnt another brit pop re tread is seen as a threat to the status quo of good ol boy bookings for the festival. Hopefully they headline Sam Smith and you will be fuming

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Cause old gits like you have zero idea about music that has been released in the last 10 years so anything that isnt another brit pop re tread is seen as a threat to the status quo of good ol boy bookings for the festival. Hopefully they headline Sam Smith and you will be fuming

I've plenty of knowledge of worthwhile music released in the last 10 years, thanks.

On 10/11/2023 at 5:22 AM, Suprefan said:

No need to be rude, Supre.  It would be a boring old world if we were all Bad Bunny and Blackpink fanboys. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

The National for The Other stage dream is alive and well.

Would also take Jungle and Avril. 

Seems like the perfect year for The National to headline Other what with our presumed two pop acts headlining the Pyramid. I’d almost definitely end up missing them, but they’re the most obvious option of an opposing guitar headliner I can think of.