All Points East 2024

stanh

1 minute ago, some dude said:

except I don't think this has happened for a good few years (at least not mainstream wise, maybe the NHS/Army sites)?

It has happened every year.

I got 3 dates free last year including strokes

This will 100% be on freebies

Edited by gfa

18 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

The Postal Service or Death Cab? Death Cab are way bigger in the US, they play tiny venues over here.

I wouldn't call the Royal Albert Hall a tiny venue...!

Think this has the potential to sell quite well and is being underestimated. I am sure they sold out RAH and roundhouse when they were over earlier this year (Death Cab) and Transatlantism is a much loved album for many so will attract a lot of casual fans. Combined with the postal service rarely playing/touring and this potentially being a UK exclusive, could do quite well with a decent undercard.

I remember the postal service being huge at the time when they first appeared too, so quite a big nostalgia pull going on too.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, some dude said:

except I don't think this has happened for a good few years (at least not mainstream wise, maybe the NHS/Army sites)?

Ladbrokes live were giving out free tickets to all days last year. They've been on central tickets in recent years as well for the majority of days. Not to mention competitions that you were essentially guaranteed to win. 

If Stormzy and The Strokes couldn't shift enough full price tickets do you really think Death Cab for Cutie are in with a shot?

29 minutes ago, some dude said:

I wouldn't call the Royal Albert Hall a tiny venue...!

Think this has the potential to sell quite well and is being underestimated. I am sure they sold out RAH and roundhouse when they were over earlier this year (Death Cab) and Transatlantism is a much loved album for many so will attract a lot of casual fans. Combined with the postal service rarely playing/touring and this potentially being a UK exclusive, could do quite well with a decent undercard.

I remember the postal service being huge at the time when they first appeared too, so quite a big nostalgia pull going on too.

There is no way they are doing a headline of APE on themselves here, even one of the places europe they have been pulled in as a sub together. They are a rarity here but it's not a big rarity.

Edit: if they have then yes tickets will be cheap closer.

Edited by northernangel

2 hours ago, gfa said:

It has happened every year.

I got 3 dates free last year including strokes

This will 100% be on freebies

Not 100% chance for everyone. Maybe I'm just inept but I didn't get free tickets last year. Or maybe that's because I don't live in London. But my advice is don't wait and just assume you will get free tickets.

I'm not really sure why people are still shocked that they're booking mid sized headliners. They've shown the past few years that it's actually part of their business model and not every act is going to be The Strokes size. As a festivalgoer I actually love the fact that acts like this, or Jungle, or whoever are getting a chance to headline – it's better for the festival landscape as a whole to be pushing different acts higher up and giving them a chance. Am I going to rush to buy tickets? No, probably not, but even if I pick up a cheap one nearer the time I'll be spending money on booze and food while I'm on site.

They won't be losing money hand over fist, it's an experienced festival promoter.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I'm not really sure why people are still shocked that they're booking mid sized headliners. They've shown the past few years that it's actually part of their business model and not every act is going to be The Strokes size. As a festivalgoer I actually love the fact that acts like this, or Jungle, or whoever are getting a chance to headline – it's better for the festival landscape as a whole to be pushing different acts higher up and giving them a chance. Am I going to rush to buy tickets? No, probably not, but even if I pick up a cheap one nearer the time I'll be spending money on booze and food while I'm on site.

They won't be losing money hand over fist, it's an experienced festival promoter.

Definitely agree with this. If you look at festivals like Tramlines/Y Not/Truck/Kendal Calling, they're all struggling to find new and exciting headliners. APE have opened the door for the likes of Jungle, Dermot Kennedy and Loyle Carner to all make that step up. Sure it's not their objective to give competitors ideas, but I think it's great that sometimes a smaller act gets a crack at having the same billing as The Strokes/Tame Impala/Gorillaz/Chems etc at a "major" festival

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Probably going to be at ReS that weekend. Shame cos I’d have absolutely gone to a DCFC/PS gig in this country on any other date. Still gutted that Ben had to pull out of their Manchester gig this year. 

I obviously don't know but the gap between APE and Meo Kalorama could have space for a Manchester or Scottish gig. Would seem fair for dropping out. 

Obviously that gap could end up being filled with other European dates/festivals.

On 12/8/2023 at 10:29 AM, SalviaPlath said:

Ladbrokes live were giving out free tickets to all days last year. They've been on central tickets in recent years as well for the majority of days. Not to mention competitions that you were essentially guaranteed to win. 

If Stormzy and The Strokes couldn't shift enough full price tickets do you really think Death Cab for Cutie are in with a shot?

Yeh, but not everyone won (I certainly didn't have any luck). They certainly are not giving them away like it used to be for BST and APE! I wouldn't rely on it, but I am sure you could pick up cheap on twickets and try your luck on the giveaways. I wouldn't say it's a guarantee though. 

4 hours ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

I wonder if Jenny Lewis might be doing backing vocals with Postal service and then play as part of the undercard. She has a new album out.

Any other calculated guesses of who might be on the Postal service/ Death cab undercard?

Wednesday and Blondshell both in Europe at that time - would fit the bill perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 1:09 AM, Riggins said:

reckon Noah Kahan is definitely out with two O2 Arena dates on the 21st and 22nd, possibly a R&L addition? 

but he would be great for next year if he's touring

Wouldn't be shocked if R&L snap him as a headliner next year.

On 12/12/2023 at 5:19 PM, Guy Honeymoon said:

I wonder if Jenny Lewis might be doing backing vocals with Postal service and then play as part of the undercard. She has a new album out.

Any other calculated guesses of who might be on the Postal service/ Death cab undercard?

She’s definitely doing it. Her instagram post shows London with ???? 
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1H-qi_Pswj/?igsh=N3hzb2J3cHpteG1j

Field day teasing this year with sock puppets. Last year the grandma was tied directly to aphex twin. who has puppet iconography other than mr.oizo who I'd love but not headliner material ???

Edited by ace56blaa