All Points East 2024

stanh

1 hour ago, Johndenis said:

Do you think this is possible?  The line ups are fairly low-key/modest so far.  I could see New Order in Cardiff on the Thursday date but can't make the Manchester Saturday one.

I believe NO will be one of them 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bandsrcool said:

Vampire Weekend are playing BBC1 big weekender in May before Primavera...not so exclusive anymore unless I've missed something and that doesn't count as a festival? (Because its pure shite)

Big Weekend has always been something of an exception to festival exclusives, because it's seen more as a promotional event than a proper festival set.

Most of the acts only do 30 minute sets performed for the cameras - the crowd is there almost as set dressing. Even the "headliner" usually only gets an hour so it's not really the same.

• Thanks 1

I think the kills might be added to friday 23 august

so far they have:

weds 21 aug - manchester

sat 24 august - rock en seine paris

one random midweek uk date doesnt really make sense and theyve a 1st May london date to complete before they can probably be announced

On 3/31/2024 at 8:48 AM, northernangel said:

I can only think they've got Biffy Clyro to announce. It's a little baffling where else they could play.

New Order has been rumoured for months

On 2/1/2024 at 11:44 AM, AAlex said:

The flute comment did make me wonder but thought I'd be well off as well 😄 but no, his story is literally the album cover so not very cryptic... Andre 3000 on the way then! 

unnamed.jpg

Seems strange for APE to make a graphic for Andre 3000 and it virtually get 'self confirmed' over 2 months ago and still no announcement... was hoping for the rest of the undercard by now.

27 minutes ago, Charles h said:

Andre 3000 headlining with his flute music would be a disaster...  

No he was gonna be on loyle carner day. Loyle posted on his insta story

Edited by ace56blaa

On 2/1/2024 at 11:44 AM, AAlex said:

The flute comment did make me wonder but thought I'd be well off as well 😄 but no, his story is literally the album cover so not very cryptic... Andre 3000 on the way then! 

andre-3000-flute.webp

unnamed.jpg

This

Mitski has just posted that she has "festival news tomorrow" with her location set to UK. Could be? 

She's in the US from August 27, but the full European tour (which currently ends at Primavera Porto on June 6) is sold out, including four London and two Manchester dates. 

Edit - obviously only likely if the date is the 18th. If it's the 26th, that'd be very tough. London 26 and Detroit 27!

Edited by ConfidenceMan