What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

Bought a new backpack. Have been making do with 2 medium sized bags, but now have 1 which will (hopefully) fit everything. Tend to go by public transport nowadays, so can't do multiple runs. Should be easier with 1 big bag (unless I fall over and end up stuck like an upside down turtle 😂)

Brought myself to the position where 2024 is possible. For many of us international contingents, there’s much more to it than just saving up for a ticket. There’s long haul flights, and the inclusion of visiting family/friends.

We choose late June to do this so we can squeeze it all in. But for some of us, after the festival is over we ask ourselves whether the expenditure, be it financially or just energy, is worth it. For me, the question was significant this year. The heat was energy zapping, and various other things I’d hoped would go to plan, did not. 

So when I got back home, I was done. Didn’t want to know about next year. The juice wasn’t worth the squeeze. 

That lasted until today. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Bought a new tent, the old one ripped upon taking it down..... but it had served me well . Sun damage over an extended period etc 

Unless I cannot get time off, or something happens I am quietly confident I'll be offered a work place again but don;t want to count any chickens until I see that mail , anything could happen, budgets cut etc 

Started worrying I won't get a ticket / will get a ticket but won't get a camper pass.

Also idly looking into volunteering, but it seems volunter spots that let you take your caravan / camper are super rare - I'm too old to camp in a tent 😕

4 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

I have been spamming my husband with links to buy our own camper rather than borrowing our mates. 

If you've got the time/skills I advise doing a self conversion. Camper van prices are ridiculous at the moment.

Just now, Skip997 said:

If you've got the time/skills I advise doing a self conversion. Camper van prices are ridiculous at the moment.

Lol, don't worry. We'll be aiming to go for it in the winter at least, and our mates run a huge camper event so have good connections. My husband's a mechanic too. I'd rather go buy and then convert route tbh.

On 7/3/2023 at 7:32 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

We’ve already booked a Glastonbury b and b for two days pre and oneday post festival. With an option to cancel if we can’t get tickets, not at all confident of that but trying to stay positive. Since returning so many folk have been asking me how to get tickets,registration procedures etc.  The BBC coverage and weather seems to have encouraged many prospective first timers. 

Think I'll be doing a similar thing! Had a brief look yesterday and going to look at booking somewhere in Bristol with free cancellation for the Monday coming home, we found the drive home absolutely brutal this year

I’ve done a fair amount to get ready, including offering to be working in 2 weeks time at WOMAD to further establish myself and to be assured of a role at Glastonbury 2024, so this is a new and exciting venture for me. Still mindful to go for a ticket in October just in case…

• Upvote 1

Planned a stupidly elaborate holiday that would see me depositing the family at a resort in Mexico while I “pop over” for Glastonbury before flying back to meet them the Tuesday after. A few days of recovery in the warmth and we would then all fly back to NZ.

A fairly large portion of my conscious hours are dedicated to figuring out increasing complicated ways to get myself back to Glastonbury..

Edited by Mark H
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/5/2023 at 4:11 PM, WhatADin said:

Lol, don't worry. We'll be aiming to go for it in the winter at least, and our mates run a huge camper event so have good connections. My husband's a mechanic too. I'd rather go buy and then convert route tbh.

Famous last words. Our brand new (to us) T5 is being picked up today. 😁 It's ok, we got a very very good deal. 

On 7/11/2023 at 7:47 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

I’ve done a fair amount to get ready, including offering to be working in 2 weeks time at WOMAD to further establish myself and to be assured of a role at Glastonbury 2024, so this is a new and exciting venture for me. Still mindful to go for a ticket in October just in case…

Any idea of which Sunday in Oct for the main sale Avalon? 

23 hours ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Any idea of which Sunday in Oct for the main sale Avalon? 

Good question, if they stick with the new dates schedule from 2022 it will be Sunday 5th November. If they revert to the norm before that I'd guess 8th October. Or the 1st October? I know nothing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Good question, if they stick with the new dates schedule from 2022 it will be Sunday 5th November. If they revert to the norm before that I'd guess 8th October. Or the 1st October? I know nothing.

Would assume 5th + 8th October unless/until we hear otherwise.