What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

Still a bit of festival season 2023 left to go before I plan 2024 but I've confirmed that I defo have a space for next year now so that's a good place to start! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Googled hotels/travelodges near the site to try and work out a likely place for the sunday before, or maybe even the sunday night of the festival - unclear on the second one cos i dont know if i fancy driving when ive been on me feet all day . . . 

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

Still a bit of festival season 2023 left to go before I plan 2024 but I've confirmed that I defo have a space for next year now so that's a good place to start! 

Excellent, maybe we'll catch up next year

For me, pretty much certain unless something strange happens.

Edited by Skip997

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Googled hotels/travelodges near the site to try and work out a likely place for the sunday before, or maybe even the sunday night of the festival - unclear on the second one cos i dont know if i fancy driving when ive been on me feet all day . . . 

We’ve already booked a Glastonbury b and b for two days pre and oneday post festival. With an option to cancel if we can’t get tickets, not at all confident of that but trying to stay positive. Since returning so many folk have been asking me how to get tickets,registration procedures etc.  The BBC coverage and weather seems to have encouraged many prospective first timers. 

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

There’s a nice YHA in Shepton mallet with camping pods which might be worth a look 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Another eforum account said:

Oh that’s a shame - apologies for the rubbish suggestion @balti-pie

😊 you’re cool, it ended up being proper informative anyways! Drove thru Street this year on me way to Glastonbury town for a night before the festival, wouldn’t mind staying round there again - quite enjoying the research tbf 

10 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So maybe a little early and presumptuous but I need something to focus on at the moment and the build might be a bit different to normal so ive ordered a couple of screens for version 6 ... similar to this . Unrelated ive booked to see a chiropractor 🙂 

Looking good.  Any news yet on what the footage was like from cf cam? 

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Looking good.  Any news yet on what the footage was like from cf cam? 

I’ve got some footage but it’s pretty minimal . Doesn’t seem like my remote worked properly … I’m struggling to download it though as it’s not showing as a device on my Mac 

32 minutes ago, Derhammer said:

Researching a new tent this year -  fresh and black after being unable to survive past 7am in the current sweat box! This is of course a commitment to the ticket gods if they can assist me! 

Bought one this year. Definite worthwhile investment. As with most tents, 2 man is really 1 man + gear. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, balti-pie said:

😊 you’re cool, it ended up being proper informative anyways! Drove thru Street this year on me way to Glastonbury town for a night before the festival, wouldn’t mind staying round there again - quite enjoying the research tbf 

Cheddar is quite a good option. I've stayed there a few times before a Monday arrival. Bath too.

Sundays are often quite cheap too so ideal for volunteers. (Weekend punters have left, lots of school groups that time of year who arrive on a Monday so lots of empty rooms on a Sunday) Although they probably won't be cheap yet thanks to our ridiculous pricing policy.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’ve got some footage but it’s pretty minimal . Doesn’t seem like my remote worked properly … I’m struggling to download it though as it’s not showing as a device on my Mac 

Oh that's a shame, but was worth a pop