What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

46 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That link doesn't work for me. Not its content, but the actual link! This is highly likely to be something at this end which isn't right - and I include the person tapping on the keyboard right now! Just thought I'd mention it in case it was more common than just being confined to me. 

Try another browser 🙂 

Had a cursory look at London accomodation for the days leading up to the festival and spat out my coffee. All my go-to’s are fully booked. What’s happening??? Is there a major event on I don’t know about or is this some kind of price fixing attempt??

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

Had a cursory look at London accomodation for the days leading up to the festival and spat out my coffee. All my go-to’s are fully booked. What’s happening??? Is there a major event on I don’t know about or is this some kind of price fixing attempt??

If you're using a site like booking.com to check it could just be that some haven't released their availability to them this far ahead. We (YHA) don't release ours until 3 months out as obviously we'd rather sell direct than pay booking.com commission. I'd imagine a lot of chains do similar, as well as some indies.

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

If you're using a site like booking.com to check it could just be that some haven't released their availability to them this far ahead. We (YHA) don't release ours until 3 months out as obviously we'd rather sell direct than pay booking.com commission. I'd imagine a lot of chains do similar, as well as some indies.

Good intel thanks. That would make sense given I never book this far out! But it was alarming to switch to map view and see that everything was showing no availability. Was worried I had forgotten about a world cup or something…

- Messaged ticket group to check their reg's and confirm back to me.

- Reviewed and updated written ticket buying strategy due to device/process changes since last year

- Checked auto-refresh and text-expander working on all devices and shortcodes all correct (subject to changes notified by ticket group

All good at this stage 💪

Edited by parsonjack
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 5:29 AM, Mark H said:

Yep might have something to do with a certain Taylor Swift doing 3 nights in London the weekend before Glastonbury-21 - 23 June - accommodation will be all booked up and /or expensive !! 

On 8/19/2023 at 12:07 PM, sedra said:

Yep might have something to do with a certain Taylor Swift doing 3 nights in London the weekend before Glastonbury-21 - 23 June - accommodation will be all booked up and /or expensive !! 

Just booked accomodation!!! It’s fully refundable, but I like to stay close to Paddington and was getting worried that all my go to options were already sold out.

This feels a bit presumptive, but at least I’m now in it to win it!!! Has given me a bit of a wave of excitement as well!

We’ve already got pre festival accommodation booked in Glastonbury town, now just wondering, if we hit it lucky with ticket sale, if we should do Worthy View again or return to our hallowed spot up at Lime Kiln. Much as we’ve loved WV I’ve missed the on site camping. So many good memories of it and this could be our last one.  

Can I just check, if you've had to reconfirm your registration without changing your picture, is that email you get saying there has been a request the confirmation, or should you get a "your details have been accepted" email as well?

On 8/29/2023 at 4:00 PM, WhatADin said:

Can I just check, if you've had to reconfirm your registration without changing your picture, is that email you get saying there has been a request the confirmation, or should you get a "your details have been accepted" email as well?

It says here 'CONFIRMED'

Any registrations submitted prior to 2020 need to be reviewed HERE and the details CONFIRMED. Please also take a moment to review the details and photo(s) we have on file, submitting a more recent photo if your existing one is no longer of a good likeness, and make any other necessary amendments to your registered information no later than 30th September 2023. If you do not confirm that you wish to keep your pre-2020 registration details, then your registration(s) will be DELETED on 2nd October 2023 and you will be required to submit a new registration before you can try and book tickets for the 2024 Festival and future years.

Not sure if that helps, or not. Maybe you could go back in on the registration system to see what's there, and if it's valid for 2024. Is that possible? I don't know. It was just a thought. 

Any regist

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Sorted the child sitting which we thought would be easy but it turns out that they have decided to do their after GCSEs prom on Glastonbury Weds which caused some soul searching on our side (bound to be drama and fallout). Granny is going to cover it though.

good work Granny!