Michaels involvement

bigbilly

7 hours ago, Neil said:

Sounds like Michael.hes well known as a bit of a flirt.

He absolutely is. Whenever we've seen him around locally Mrs P always plants a kiss on his cheek, and there was one occasion she ended up on his knee at Pilton Working Men's Club during one of the Pilton Party audition heats.  The vocalist of Pattern Pusher, who were in the middle of their performance, laughed and Michael asked Mrs P if he was her boyfriend, even though he was young enough to be her son! 

22 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

What's the big man like with approaching fans? I bet he must get mobbed wherever he turns up. 

He's Very humble but understands that people want to say hello

Back in 1994/5 (can't remember) he was sat at the desk, in Goose Hall, from which crew were being paid on Friday evening. As I approached, with Hank, who some may know as the original pin painter ( @Funkyfairy!), in front of me. Michael, who knows Hank well said " no disrespect Hank, but I don't see you as a worker" in a jovial manner. I'd previously recruited Hank to help with the post festival tidy up, due to a mutiny among the original crew. Much laughter ensued.

Later on that year he came and found us to congratulate us on the best clear up ever.

• Like 1

Ok....so let's just remember that various media outlets (you know who you are Somerset Live...) trawl these boards for anything they can print. 

While I'm certain that all discussion here is because we have genuine concern for Michael's welfare we need to be a little wary of idle speculation that could possibly get into the wider public domain. 

I'm sure that when Michael and Emily feel time is right to open up, and possibly not at all, then they will. 

Until then let's do all we can to ensure their privacy on this. 

Cheers folks x

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ok....so let's just remember that various media outlets (you know who you are Somerset Live...) trawl these boards for anything they can print. 

While I'm certain that all discussion here is because we have genuine concern for Michael's welfare we need to be a little wary of idle speculation that could possibly get into the wider public domain. 

I'm sure that when Michael and Emily feel time is right to open up, and possibly not at all, then they will. 

Until then let's do all we can to ensure their privacy on this. 

Cheers folks x

Well said!

Edited by The Clearest Blue

4 hours ago, Northtim said:

Judging from this tweet Michael's not too mobile at the moment.  His legs/ankles look very swollen.  Hope he is Ok and can get around to enjoy the Festival.

image.png.0dcccf28f1957172531947744ea59131.png

Subtle tease for the Foos innit. Dave Grohl was in a wheelchair