Acoustic Stage 2023

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Glen Tilbrook's always great.

Saw Gilbert O'Sullivan there years ago, can't remember which year. Enjoyed it.

Would rather see a solo Toyah set personally. She totally rocked Dover Dock Rock a few years ago. Kind of know her keyboard player of the time.

Typed the above and then found this:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/toyah-willcox-and-robert-fripp-confirm-sunday-lunch-rock-party-tour-tickets-3445737

That might actually be cool.

36 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

It's like a Festival lineup for my Nan

19 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Saw Badly Drawn Boy a couple of months ago, still on top form!

Groans at age. I was at secondary school with Badly Drawn Boys' bass player.

Saw his gigs were advertised as "intimate", so was he solo or did he have a band with him?

Seems to be a lot of negativity around both this line up, and the Acoustic stage in general, which I find very puzzling. It is what it is.... you wouldn’t go to Arcadia or Sonic and expect a ballad singer would you? Part of what makes Glastonbury so special is the sheer diversity of genres available. Personally, I love the Acoustic, there’s often plenty on there for me, and this year is no exception. I do agree that the stage/tent isn’t great, primarily because it slopes the wrong way, but the area itself is a welcome spot containing one of the best bars on site, and Annie Maes.... The Saw Doctors, a pint of ale, and some Mac n Cheese.... what’s not to like?!?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Saw his gigs were advertised as "intimate", so was he solo or did he have a band with him?

Just him a guitar and a keyboard, lots of stories in between songs. Great wee night!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Seems to be a lot of negativity around both this line up, and the Acoustic stage in general, which I find very puzzling. It is what it is.... you wouldn’t go to Arcadia or Sonic and expect a ballad singer would you? Part of what makes Glastonbury so special is the sheer diversity of genres available. Personally, I love the Acoustic, there’s often plenty on there for me, and this year is no exception. I do agree that the stage/tent isn’t great, primarily because it slopes the wrong way, but the area itself is a welcome spot containing one of the best bars on site, and Annie Maes.... The Saw Doctors, a pint of ale, and some Mac n Cheese.... what’s not to like?!?

This forum tends to suffer from the Goldlielocks syndrome when it comes to stage announcements. Either everything is too old or too new. Why can't everything be just right to my taste. Every announcement is viewed through this lens, "what's in it for me?" 

• Upvote 1

Acoustic always has a handful of stuff which interests me but it's inevitably scheduled at a time for peak clashes so still not sure I've been there more than once. Looks like being the same again this year with Glen Hansard clashing with Lizzo.

Not sure why there's negativity, even if some names feel a bit 'past it', this still feels pretty strong for such a minor stage. 

21 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Agree. Elton, the Stones, McCartney and the Legends all get away without criticism of their age yet a comparatively younger Acoustic line up the focus is on their age. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gazla said:

Laura Cantrell ❤️

She is the Queen of Country as far as I'm concerned! If I had a ticket, she would be my number 1 must see of the whole festival. Hugely recommended! Also she has her first album in about 8 years coming out in a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 2

As always with the Acoustic there's definitely some stuff on there to tempt me over.  In previous years I'd probably end up overlooking it in favour of what's going on elsewhere, but after discovering just how much fun a set up there can be with H&A last year I could well end up there a bit more.

I think it's partly that when you get to headline / sub slots the people who are up there really want to be there. No one wanders up there by chance, or stops on their way somewhere else. And I think that gives it an atmosphere all its own.  A bit like being at the Glade when big acts are on the other stages.

And yeah, why wouldn't it cater to some older people? Or people who don't like dance? Or whatever else is going on. One of the happiest sights I've had at the fest was an elderly couple sat up there in their deckchairs with a massive joint on the go. They were having the time of their lives!

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

I've always wanted to see Glen Hansard, hopefully I'll manage it this year!

1 hour ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Seriously Glen Hansard Clashing with Lizzo / Lewis capaldi can fuck off 😖

Glen is playing London and Manchester in October, tickets onsale Friday. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

They posted the wrong poster and Lisa O’Neil is gone 

She only pulled out last week so easily done.

• Like 1

Doesn't disappoint.

Haven't seen Steve Earle for many years, so that would be nice. Same for Laura Cantrell.

Angeline Morrison, Clare Sands and Allison Russell all acts I'd like to see. Would love to see Rickie Lee Jones as well, but opposite Elton.... tough decision.

• Upvote 1