Acoustic Stage 2023

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Might get a Steve Earle / Sharron Shannon collab on The Galway Girl.

Clashes permitting, I'll be there for Sharron Shannon.

Edited by 2019
Typo

My sister passed away whilst I was at Glastonbury 2015 and this year on her 70th birthday I’ll get to see Gilbert O’Sullivan play. He was as one of her favourites back in the day so will be a lovely way to mark the day. Although how the emotions will be late on day 5 will be interesting 😂

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Armourman said:

My sister passed away whilst I was at Glastonbury 2015 and this year on her 70th birthday I’ll get to see Gilbert O’Sullivan play. He was as one of her favourites back in the day so will be a lovely way to mark the day. Although how the emotions will be late on day 5 will be interesting 😂

Great way to celebrate her mate.  Hope you have the best time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorblindjames said:

Not that shocking to have a lot of Irish musicians at a folk stage. 

Folk stage? I think that’s over stating it. Plenty of rock n roll on there over the years. Anyway, not saying it’s a bad thing it just seemed like a lot more than usual. 

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not normally the most pumped about the Acoustic line-up, but seeing Sniff n the Tears on there, especially given they're early on Friday, would be a great start to the weekend. Of all people, my tattoo artist got me into them during one session. Great surprise act for me, personally.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not normally the most pumped about the Acoustic line-up, but seeing Sniff n the Tears on there, especially given they're early on Friday, would be a great start to the weekend. Of all people, my tattoo artist got me into them during one session. Great surprise act for me, personally.

On this recommendation alone I am going to check them out 🙂

I will likely see my namesake as well 

1 hour ago, Armourman said:

That will be quite poignant for you. One we’d like to see as well but I reckon there might be serious clashes elsewhere. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drinky said:

Good stuff. When did Badly Drawn Boy last play? 2004 when he filled in last minute for Jet on the Other?

He played the acoustic tent in 2010 I believe. Might have actually been 2009.

And come to think of it I’m not sure if it was at the acoustic. 
I think I’ll check! 

8 minutes ago, Adammm said:

He played the acoustic tent in 2010 I believe. Might have actually been 2009.

And come to think of it I’m not sure if it was at the acoustic. 
I think I’ll check! 

Badly Drawn Boy played Avalon in 2009. 
Final Answer. 
He seemed genuinely annoyed that he wasn’t on a bigger stage, although he then said it didn’t bother him and that areas like Avalon were the real Glastonbury. He also kept hammering home the point that he had won a Mercury Music award whilst Chris Martin from Coldplay hadn’t and that he was a much better song writer. 
I can’t really argue against either of his points but I just remember him being needlessly bitter and grumpy between songs! 

Edited by Adammm