Acoustic Stage 2023

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

3 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Never a world beater of a line up anyway but I think thats really poor personally

It's absolutely dreadful, but more or less par for the course.

3 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

It's like a Festival lineup for my Nan

Exactly this.

• Upvote 1

I'm liking this line up. I'll have to miss most things on Saturday and Sunday unfortunately due to clashes but will be able to make a few sets on Friday including... Sniff 'n' The Tears!

Literally don't know a single person on there so can't comment on whether it's good or bad, don't have a clue. 

Not for me this one, already got a stacked festival over the rest of the farm so probably won't see inside the acoustic tent (again) this year. 

Enjoy all of you who do 😊

• Upvote 1

For me similar to other years I would say (although comparing to this year, I actually like this year's line up better).
Would like to see Gavin James, Netwon Faulkner, Sniff 'n' the Tears or Bootleg Beatles, but probably will see neither because of clashes!

I have never even been into the Acoustic tent other than to seek refugee from the blistering heat on Saturday 2019. 

However, there are 3/4 things here I would happily watch and a load more I have never heard of - seems about like normal for this stage, no? 

Intevitably I will not go to any of it other than to hide from weather. 

seeing as how i've only ever seen like four acts there over the years it seems pretty standard to me.

nobody on there for me to make me use the Acoustic field as anything but a cut-through again... (whilst stopping off for a pint and a toasted kimchi sandwich obviously 😀).

I'm sad enough (and old enough) to have been quite pleased to see Gilbert O'Sullivan on there as he has some good tunes.  But at that time on Sunday I'll no doubt be waiting for Elton - or possibly seeing Caroline Polachek or War on Drugs.  

Looks alright to me, pretty much standard, plenty to enjoy if it's your thing. I don't tend to hang around the Acoustic all the time but it's always nice to stumble into it every now and again when you need a break, pint of ale and a bit of food, often somebody on singing an old classic or two. 

13 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Literally don't know a single person on there so can't comment on whether it's good or bad, don't have a clue. 

Not for me this one, already got a stacked festival over the rest of the farm so probably won't see inside the acoustic tent (again) this year. 

Enjoy all of you who do 😊

You'll know Paul Carrick when you listen to the some of his songs - The living years etc etc . He's very good👍

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, mikeydredlox said:

Isn't that the point of the acoustic stage?

I feel like last year at least had some decent cross-generation acts, plus The Waterboys and Heaton/Abbot are of a genuinely decent stature. Suppose Harding and Fripp are moderately relevant this year, but I shan't be attending in a rush

2 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Whats with the taglines “Don’t miss” etc

Never seen that before on a lineup

Looking at the headings on the poster, it looks like it's trying to be a circus style so maybe that's their attempt to be like a circus poster?  Agree it's a bit weird though!

I like the acoustic stage, I tend to wander in there of a hot afternoon with a pint of something nice from the Cockmill Bar. It's a gentle reminder to try and never become that person who sits in a chair and reads a newspaper, during the greatest festival of entertainment on the planet. I don't usually stay long