The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

its like buying a house , and not bothering to pick up the keys and have a look around what you have bought .

i have been looking around the site to see if i can cancel my auto-renew for my gold membership , anyone know how this is done ?

Yeah I need to do that too.  I'm only still Gold because I didn't do it earlier.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

good management is a reason for success; when so many others have fallen away over the years that efests has been here.

You truly are a deluded and bitter old man.

Please, for the love of god, do everyone a favour and stop posting and having any involvement in this forum.

Edited by dulcificum

19 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Maybe cancel it from the other end i.e. the bank direct debit?

I’ve been a member here since 2007, had gold membership since it started. Caused no trouble, contributed a fair bit. Banned a couple of months ago for “spam” (I think I posted an Amazon link to some camping gear as expected in that thread). No warning. No explanation. Couldn’t contact Neil as unable to message him. Can’t access my account as banned so I couldn’t cancel my gold membership which I had just renewed and now can’t use. Today is the final straw and I Have had to cancel the direct debit instead. 

Can vouch for @crazyfool’s (unadvertised) kindness and disgusted by his treatment today. No excuse. 

Didn’t this all happen about the same time last year? The forum just kinda self imploded. 

was shocked by it last year but beginning to think this now might be a recurring theme every time we get this close to the festival?

Either you’ve got to remember that this isn’t real life, most of the things said on here in a negative way wouldn’t be said in real life and are there to make a point / statement/ emphasis a fact. 

Positivity breads positivity 🙂

If I was the new owner of the site the last thing I would want to see just after the acquisition is the old owner driving people away from the site. 
He’s already banned people, some for legitimate reasons but others caught in the crossfire and another forum has been set up on a different platform due to this

I’m grateful for this site as are lots of other people. You’ve done a great job Neil over the years but maybe it’s time now to have a step back. 
I’ve no idea why you are having a go at Crazyfool. Out of all the contributors on this site he seems the most excitable about Glastonbury and his joy and excitement seems to rub of on people. The way I see it the meet up he is arranging is an extension of this. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Neil are you always this weird?

why is it weird to correct somone who doesn't know when the internet started? i know the kipper types love to lap up the lies but some of us still have standards.

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

why is it weird to correct somone who doesn't know when the internet started? i know the kipper types love to lap up the lies but some of us still have standards.

Someone is a UKIP supporter because they doubt you? 

Efests has jumped the shark.

However I'll still probably be here in 4 seasons time.

Out of interest and I'm happy to have an answer or not... @Neil are you still currently the owner or has it handed over to that Iggy(?) dude? Or.... Has it handed over and you're retaining an administrative role going forward? Or are you out completely when the hand over happens? Just wonder whether something definitive on this matter might help our gums stop flapping on this matter (mine included!) 

We can get back to worrying about social anxiety before the meet up (whatever it may be called!)

Finally, @Neilif this is your last glasto it would be great to see you at a/meet up. I have a suspicion we'd all be a bit calmer face to face and you'll probably get the send off you deserve.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Neil said:

no, for the same reason i now think you're prolly  a kipper.

Ah, yes. That’s me. You got me. Can’t believe you so easily saw through the fact I was staff on the Stronger In Europe campaign, am an elected member of the only UK political party which currently advocates for rejoining the EU, and all these posts: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/search/?&q=Brexit&author=blutarsky&search_and_or=or

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Ah, yes. That’s me. You got me. Can’t believe you so easily saw through the fact I was staff on the Stronger In Europe campaign, am an elected member of the only UK political party which currently advocates for rejoining the EU, and all these posts: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/search/?&q=Brexit&author=blutarsky&search_and_or=or

giphy.gif

Edited by Sawdusty surfer

I don't know what this thread was orginally called, but if it had the word Efests in the title, it would imply to me that it was an official meet - especially as it has the words 'Traditional' included in the first post and is due to be held in the same place, day and time as other meets organised by Neil in the past. Neil is obviously very protective of the brand he's created and built up over many years so I can understand why he's kicked off (I'd be prettty pissed off myself to be honest). Maybe if the thread title had contained the word 'Unoffical' and held somewhere else, it mght have made it clear it wasn't anything organised by Neil.

Having said that, I don't know what was said in private (if anything) between Neil and Crazyfool01 that might change my view and I certainly appreciate Crazyfool01's efforts in helping to keep this forum together over the last few months. Sadly I'm not able to go to the festival this year despite having a ticket so won't be able to make the meet (offical or otherwise). It would be nice to meet you all.

2 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I don't know what this thread was orginally called, but if it had the word Efests in the title, it would imply to me that it was an official meet - especially as it has the words 'Traditional' included in the first post and is due to be held in the same place, day and time as other meets organised by Neil in the past. Neil is obviously very protective of the brand he's created and built up over many years so I can understand why he's kicked off (I'd be prettty pissed off myself to be honest). Maybe if the thread title had contained the word 'Unoffical' and held somewhere else, it mght have made it clear it wasn't anything organised by Neil.

None of the above give anyone the right to kick off against so many people even if you have created the community. Communities don't revolve around a person, they are about the community itself. Actual good leaders would know that 🙂 

In any case, as a first-timer I'm quite shocked by all of this but will go to the "Unofficial, organized by Crazyfool on the tradition of the forum created by neil, meetup of eFestival people & fans".