The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

So where's the Tesco meet up...?

Seriously though, I think I'd like to come this year, despite the weirdness on this thread... Coming by coach on Wednesday so not sure when I'll be arriving.

That said, I have just ordered a button badge of my avatar for easy identification. I'm using badgepig.co.uk and can give a review of my experience in a few days...

I don’t post much on here any more and not doing GF23. Sad to see @Neil stepping back, he was incredibly helpful to me when setting up a solo camping group and creating an off forum area to sort out the details and exchange information. Without his help back in 2013, I wouldn’t have the friends etc I have now.

Part of my lack of posting in the last few years has been the trolling and spam which for a while made this place unreadable and I can imagine that is a right pain for an owner to deal with and tbh I probably too would have got ban heavy after a while. As Iggy said, keeping a website like this going for 20+ years is no mean feat and he must have been doing something right. Preventing forums descending into cliques, tiresome in jokes, admins more interested in their status than their role takes a lot of work. Certainly in the last few years there’s been an influx of attention seeking twattery from posters.

Whatever has gone on in the last couple of years, it’s not nice to see people bringing up the private matter of his health.

Wish Iggy well with taking it all forward. Hopefully this isn’t a case of the supporter base wanting the old board out and embracing the new board as the messiah and it all turning out much worse. For every successful takeover, there’s always an Everton and Moshiri car crash.

✌️

Edited by Keithy
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I don’t post much on here any more and not doing GF22. Sad to see @Neil stepping back, he was incredibly helpful to me when setting up a solo camping group and creating an off forum area to sort out the details and exchange information. Without his help back in 2013, I wouldn’t have the friends etc I have now.

Part of my lack of posting in the last few years has been the trolling and spam which for a while made this place unreadable and I can imagine that is a right pain for an owner to deal with and tbh I probably too would have got ban heavy after a while. As Iggy said, keeping a website like this going for 20+ years is no mean feat and he must have been doing something right. Preventing forums descending into cliques, tiresome in jokes, admins more interested in their status than their role takes a lot of work. Certainly in the last few years there’s been an influx of attention seeking twattery from posters.

Whatever has gone on in the last couple of years, it’s not nice to see people bringing up the private matter of his health.

Wish Iggy well with taking it all forward. Hopefully this isn’t a case of the supporter base wanting the old board out and embracing the new board as the messiah and it all turning out much worse. For every successful takeover, there’s always an Everton and Moshiri car crash.

✌️

thank keithy, nice summary. 🙂 

so my understanding of skimming over the past 2 days worth of petty bitching is thus:

- there will be a meet at R&F where there will be several happy customers chatting and reminiscing that is most definitely NOT an eFestivals meet, or in fact anything else to do with eFestivals whatsoever under pain of death, so help me god

- there will be a meet at R&F at the same time as the aforementioned meet that has nothing to do with eFestivals that is entirely to do with eFestivals that will be attended by a grumpy bloke called Neil who has just sold eFestivals to a man called Iggy

Either way, I won't be attending, as despite having a ticket and having never attended an eFestivals meet (or a meet that has nothing to do with eFestivals at the same time as the official eFestivals meet) I really can't be fucked with all this petty bickering.

I tend to only post on the forums when I have a ticket and in the run ups to festivals/resales (haven't been successful since 2016 up to this year) but having been participating more this year I really don't feel up to taking part in something that will cause and add to so much division or bullshit.

I might start a competing meet, also at R&F on the Wednesday that will DEFINITELY have a flag (not an eFestivals one obviously for fear of reprisals) under the Mungo 57 meet name..... that might get me round it.

This whole thing is fucking pathetic. My girlfriend works with children and I work with MP's at Parliament who are better behaved than some people FFS.

31 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Seriously though, I think I'd like to come this year, despite the weirdness on this thread... Coming by coach on Wednesday so not sure when I'll be arriving.

That said, I have just ordered a button badge of my avatar for easy identification. I'm using badgepig.co.uk and can give a review of my experience in a few days...

Great idea, which I hope you don’t mind if I steal.

13 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

so my understanding of skimming over the past 2 days worth of petty bitching is thus:

- there will be a meet at R&F where there will be several happy customers chatting and reminiscing that is most definitely NOT an eFestivals meet, or in fact anything else to do with eFestivals whatsoever under pain of death, so help me god

- there will be a meet at R&F at the same time as the aforementioned meet that has nothing to do with eFestivals that is entirely to do with eFestivals that will be attended by a grumpy bloke called Neil who has just sold eFestivals to a man called Iggy

Either way, I won't be attending, as despite having a ticket and having never attended an eFestivals meet (or a meet that has nothing to do with eFestivals at the same time as the official eFestivals meet) I really can't be fucked with all this petty bickering.

I tend to only post on the forums when I have a ticket and in the run ups to festivals/resales (haven't been successful since 2016 up to this year) but having been participating more this year I really don't feel up to taking part in something that will cause and add to so much division or bullshit.

I might start a competing meet, also at R&F on the Wednesday that will DEFINITELY have a flag (not an eFestivals one obviously for fear of reprisals) under the Mungo 57 meet name..... that might get me round it.

This whole thing is fucking pathetic. My girlfriend works with children and I work with MP's at Parliament who are better behaved than some people FFS.

I'll pencil you in as a "maybe"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Will have to have a look at that so people know who I am 🙂 

Just now, mungo57 said:

is there a 4th Supernintendo Chalmers meet now? This is getting confusing 😄

😄

Ahhh, you wouldn't wanna meet me. I'm as dull as my tired Simpson memes and posts would suggest. Ridge & Furrow is where the action is. I've only been the once, and as I said earlier in the thread, the chat on here doesn't necessarily reflect the true nature of a lot of the people. Everyone was genuinely nice, in-person.

10 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

not wishing to be rude . but is that your call to make anymore ?

definitely my shout as i'd be the one who had to take it.

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Thought you weren't going this year cause GnR was such a dreadful booking...

i decided to go in the end as i'd sorted out disabled access and scooter hire.