Favourite Sub Headliner Performance - Pyramid

Boomtowner

1 minute ago, Lucy F said:

My dad went to the Glasto that U2 played (was that 2011?) and when he got back he wouldn't shut up about how amazing Morrissey was 😅

That was the one. Glad your Dad enjoyed it but I thought he was bloody awful. Didn’t want to be there (as he pretty much admitted after), the weather was rubbish and his band were absolutely awful. There was no point getting excited at hearing a Smiths song start up as they would just maim all the life out of it. Different strokes and all that eh?

Noel was great last year, expected to enjoy it but not as much as I did.

Elbow 2014, Vampire Weekend 2019 get honourable mentions but Elbow 2011 easily takes it for me. A band I sort of liked but that performance completely won me over and I then became obsessed with them. Bought everything they've produced and seen them loads of times since.

Edited by Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Noel was great last year, expected to enjoy it but not as much as I did.

Elbow 2014, Vampire Weekend 2019 get honourable mentions but my Elvow 2011 easily takes it for me. A band I sort of liked but that performance completely won me over and I then became obsessed with them. Bought everything they've produced and seen them loads of times since.

Yeah VW were great actually. 

We saw half of Noel and really enjoyed it. 

Last year was probably one of the best trios there’s been. 

31 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I missed Sam Fender to get to the front for Foals. It was simultaneously my biggest regret and totally worth it. Looked like the best sub set ever

Somehow we watched the whole of Fender, got some more drinks and Barrier for Foals! Not idea how we managed it

3 hours ago, VCK said:

The Specials in 2009. Ghost Town just as the sun was starting to set.

Bloody hell, the Specials! Forgot about them. That’s my big 3-Fender, The Specials, Elbow 2011, with Noel G getting the honourable mention 

i think for me it would be David Gray in 2003 before REM.

not because David Gray was particularly amazing per se, but because it made up the evening of the one of the best days i have ever had in all my festivals.

it was Suede into David Gray into REM - and it was one of those rare occasions when the stars align, the ley lines meet and everything is just perfect... there was only three of us that went that year and for some reason that evening was just the greatest time i probably ever had there. 

2009 - Specials

2010 - Faithless

2011 - Elbow.

Faithless into Stevie W in 2010 was one of the best evenings entertainment of my life.  If I had to pick one though, it would probably be Elbow.  They were on the crest of a wave that year and the set went through a full range of emotions, from great singalongs to just damn good fun and banter with Guy to some really poignant and touching moments.  Tower Crane Driver was spine tingling.  As we left, a mate of mine said "when the muggles in the real world ask you next week what was good - that.  That was fucking good."

3 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Looked into this, and I’m very surprised how few I’ve been to. Of those I’ve seen, have to give another vote to The XX before Radiohead.

Same here.  I went through all the line ups of the last decade and realised I've only been to handful of pyramid subs.

But yeah, The xx get my vote as well.  I didn't expect to enjoy them as much as I did but they were the perfect sunset band

58 minutes ago, Chef said:

The Black Keys in 2014 were great. 

Despite not being on the poster, I think there's a chance Black Keys will still show up, that #GSH is still there. Where would they fit these days, feels like their stock has fallen some way since 2014?