Whats your absolute ESSENTIAL GADGET / NEW THING you'll be bringing?

Jacko45

Will be getting a new trolley i think! 🙂 although i'm on the coach so will just be funding it in part while getting my booze delivered on it!

Not sure what that i'll be bringing, think i have it pretty down honestly 😄 

Got some new solar lights for round our gazebo/awning. After trying so many that have been useless! These ones are USB and can be controlled through phone so can have them come on for when we get back rather than wasting energy while we're not there. Excited to use them.

Also got some telescopic stools for the kids, small enough to fit in their rucksacks and twist up so they can perch anywhere or give them a bit of height in a crowd to save our shoulders!! A - so they can see and B - so they can be seen by others lol. Hoping they'll be a handy hack

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Also got some telescopic stools for the kids, small enough to fit in their rucksacks and twist up so they can perch anywhere or give them a bit of height in a crowd to save our shoulders!! A - so they can see and B - so they can be seen by others lol. Hoping they'll be a handy hack

Genius! I was considering one of those rectangular fold up step things so my 8 year old can see the bands he wants to see, but the telescopic stools are so much better suited. Thanks for the tip! 

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Toss up between a french press and an aeropress for morning coffee.  Not that new or exciting but it'll better than the usual instant.

Glastonbury is the only 5 days of the year I don’t drink coffee, but a French press is just the best. 

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Toss up between a french press and an aeropress for morning coffee.  Not that new or exciting but it'll better than the usual instant.

Go aeropress. I personally prefer the coffee they make but for Glastonbury the clincher is the clean up. So much easier in an aeropress. 

• Upvote 1

For the first time, I'm going on Wednesday, which means my normal powerbar probably won't last the duration. I think need a solar thing, to recharge it.  Are there any recommendations?

15 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Also got some telescopic stools for the kids...

I got one for me, I'd forgotten about that. I bought it after seeing a few people use them last year and being mightily impressed. 

Light, fits in backpack, doesn't take up loads of space... winner.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 2019 said:

For the first time, I'm going on Wednesday, which means my normal powerbar probably won't last the duration. I think need a solar thing, to recharge it.  Are there any recommendations?

Your better off just buying one higher power power bank. 

Something like this will charge your phone five times over: https://www.anker.com/uk/products/a1268?ref=naviMenu&variant=37339971223716&discount=WSCPVHL8LN

Should last the whole weekend (if not longer)

20 hours ago, WhatADin said:

My theragun is coming with. Thankfully in a camper as I wouldn't take camping, but omg the relief that thing brings on tired feet, legs and back. 

I got my partner a Theragun for Christmas and the thing is just brilliant. Very much toying with bringing it to Glasto as well! 

20 hours ago, WhatADin said:

My theragun is coming with. Thankfully in a camper as I wouldn't take camping, but omg the relief that thing brings on tired feet, legs and back. 

I took mine for the first time last year. Did wonders for my feet and legs over the weekend. One of the advantages of the camper van, little luxuries like that. 

This is my favourite for the last few festivals caveat being - I don't use them near stages etc and just get in the way. But they're a god send for the legs between acts/eating/relaxing etc. They're that light I just used a carabiner and hung it from my belt at Latitude. 

71i7ZUyvIqS._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

This is my favourite for the last few festivals caveat being - I don't use them near stages etc and just get in the way. But they're a god send for the legs between acts/eating/relaxing etc. They're that light I just used a carabiner and hung it from my belt at Latitude. 

Assuming that's super light? Is it comfy? 

Where'd you buy it? 

17 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Got some new solar lights for round our gazebo/awning. After trying so many that have been useless! These ones are USB and can be controlled through phone so can have them come on for when we get back rather than wasting energy while we're not there. Excited to use them.

They can sit on them in the Temple at 3 a.m whilst you round around naked off your nut on matter 🙂

(please take in the manner intended)

9 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

They can sit on them in the Temple at 3 a.m whilst you round around naked off your nut on matter 🙂

(please take in the manner intended)

I respect the fact that you think you're joking... but that's one hell of a weird thing to say... 

Umm, anyway...as you were 👍🏼

24 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

We finally after decades of festivals decided to get these last year but only used them either at the rear of a field or outside a bar or food outlet where seating was all taken. After moaning about the fold up seat and rug brigade for years didn’t want to be a hypocrite !  They fit into a small rucksack and easy to assemble with a little practice. Though not as quick as this one😉😊

0FCAC56F-B19F-4359-BB9A-05CDCF043FF7.gif.fc32215f7da99308cd7b2a7208b5befe.gif

7 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Go aeropress. I personally prefer the coffee they make but for Glastonbury the clincher is the clean up. So much easier in an aeropress. 

the big advantage of the FP is that I already own one though 😁

18 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

You can only control them from your phone if they are connected to the internet, usually your home wifi for example! 

24 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I respect the fact that you think you're joking... but that's one hell of a weird thing to say... 

Umm, anyway...as you were 👍🏼

Apologies. Was not meaning to cause offence. 

Was trying to tie into the Kids banned from SE corner thread for comedic effect and clearly failed miserably 

Edited by Jay Pee
Error