Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

23 hours ago, maelzoid said:

There. And down the front. Hopefully the act beforehand will be to my taste because I will be seeing them as well. My Macca experience was tainted a bit by being in a lousy position, so will not be entertaining that possibility with Reg.

Yep. I'm not going next year, but agreed about Paul this year. Flags means you can't actually see an act unless you're in maybe the front 5000 or so people. 

Yeah I’ll be there, hard to see any clashes that’ll pull me away. Need to see one pyramid headliner and won’t be at AM as seeing them in Jan and won’t be at whoever else it is based on the options.

if he clauses with Prodigy that’ll be really tough. Hope he clashes with Fredagain the wee posh gimp so none of my mates will drag me to him. 

• Like 1

We are 100% but of course there will be a lot of anguish when the full line up drops and the inevitable clashes appear. Happens every year, Newbies take note! 
anyway, trying not to sound too soppy Crocodile Rock was played at the school Xmas dance that was the first date for me and Mrs C. I think I still remember the dance that goes with it. So if the front of stage security want me to teach  them the dance I’m available.  😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

I think the only thing that could stop me watching would be Tankus the Henge headlining on a small stage but they usually do a couple of slots over the weekend so hopefully that won't be an issue. Prodigy could be problematic as one of our group will definitely want to be there which means their partner will go with them and miss Elton.

1 minute ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I won’t be there. I know I’ll be shot down by many for this, but I’ve always thought of him as a bit of a music hall act. 

Good description.

Suitable for pensioners in the likes of the Royal Albert Hall, or "the picnic blanket posse" on some stately home grounds.

Err, not so sure ill go along to see Elton now, i was a 100 percent cert.. i am now going to be a depends what s on the other stages. If there is someone i like who is defo the mutts nuts live, ill easily be swayed away from Elton. 

i made the mistake of watching the show on Disney from the gig in America. Its defo a reality checker of a show. if your super excited, ill echo an earlier post and say dont watch it and keep your optimism! 

5 hours ago, garc1a said:

Err, not so sure ill go along to see Elton 

i made the mistake of watching the show on Disney from the gig in America. Its defo a reality checker of a show. if your super excited, ill echo an earlier post and say dont watch it and keep your optimism! 

It was better than I expected

On 12/3/2022 at 2:29 AM, august1 said:

madness that Are You Ready For Love doesnt get played

I wonder if he'll mix up the setlist for Glasto? Looks pretty much the same for every gig of the tour so far though. Not having this song - and also Can You Feel The Love Tonight (I admit I might be in a minority here) - is criminal.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I wonder if he'll mix up the setlist for Glasto? Looks pretty much the same for every gig of the tour so far though. Not having this song - and also Can You Feel The Love Tonight (I admit I might be in a minority here) - is criminal.

I saw him in Dublin in 2019 when this tour had more or less just started.  Setlist was almost identical to the Dodgers Stadium gig apart from the guest appearances/duets.  Don't think it will get mixed up much.