Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not so sure there is anything massive on sunday headline time ..... what were you thinking might pull people away ? 

Even though there's nothing that big announced yet, they are still likely to attract more people than whatever is scheduled against the Sunday Legend. 

Dolly had Sam Smith on Other (not as big a name in 2014), PSB on West Holts, Phosphorescent on Park, Dry The River/King Charles on JP, Rainy Boy Sleep on Acoustic. Personally I was watching North Mississippi Allstars with about 100 others in Avalon.

I think we know CATQ for sure so far, and probably Rudimental, both bigger pulls than any of those at the time. Arcadia will be in full flow and more going on in SE Corner.

13 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not so sure there is anything massive on sunday headline time ..... what were you thinking might pull people away ? 

From my shallow demographic of 6 people aged between 24-26, I know that at least 3 of us would be keen to see QOTSA over Reg if it goes ahead. Can see them getting a good turn out at The Other, certainly more than Megan last yrar

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

From my shallow demographic of 6 people aged between 24-26, I know that at least 3 of us would be keen to see QOTSA over Reg if it goes ahead. Can see them getting a good turn out at The Other, certainly more than Megan last yrar

yeah true ... im kind of looking at the poll above and my own demographic might be swaying opinion .... pyramid field will hold more by night than for legend id imagine 

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

That can lead to some special moments, though. I had a ball at Lamb at Avalon while Macca played. An incredible set.

So did I, I've seen both acts and chose the one I enjoy. I'll do the same with Elton (though I may watch 3 songs near the start)

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

Obviously excited to see Reg, but the thought of the crowd being as outrageously large as some people are implying does dampen it a touch for me. Not because I'm bad with crowds, more that the thought of being stood halfway to Wells not being able to see a thing doesn't hugely appeal to me. I'm not expecting to just waltz to the barrier for AM, or Lana, but I at least expect to be able to *see* them and feel close enough to be involved, and I don't get that impression with Elton?

Is that reasonable?

This was exactly why I abandoned McCartney last year - couldn't get anywhere near and was surrounded by the picnic and chair brigade. Ended up going to West Holts for Roisin Murphy which was absolutely brilliant and one of my favourite sets of the weekend. I made the right choice and watched Macca on the telly when I got home.

39 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Even though there's nothing that big announced yet, they are still likely to attract more people than whatever is scheduled against the Sunday Legend. 

Dolly had Sam Smith on Other (not as big a name in 2014), PSB on West Holts, Phosphorescent on Park, Dry The River/King Charles on JP, Rainy Boy Sleep on Acoustic. Personally I was watching North Mississippi Allstars with about 100 others in Avalon.

I think we know CATQ for sure so far, and probably Rudimental, both bigger pulls than any of those at the time. Arcadia will be in full flow and more going on in SE Corner.

Think you're overestimating the pull of Rudimental and CATQ, the latter of which had a tiny crowd at The Other stage when they headlined. 

Think we're an Other stage headliner light from the announcement so maybe things will change, but as it stands there's nothing big on the Sunday which will draw peeps away from Reg.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

i didn't say there was nothing worth seeing - just that the site is dead, as quiet as you can ever see it.

Doesn't take many to pack a small venue though.

4 hours ago, sisco said:

Yeah all us old people and Elton will stay sat down, doubt we’ll even sing tbf.

Enjoy the empty lively site though…

Really? The rest of the site will be empty? Tell you what, while Elton John is on I'll take some photos. 

Do the people who go to see the McCartneys and Eltons of the festival actually know what the rest of the site is like during headline time??? No, because no one knows what the rest of the site is like because you can't be at the "rest of the site". It's too big, isn't it?

I understand it's nice to seem knowledgeable though 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, Lucy F said:

Really? The rest of the site will be empty? Tell you what, while Elton John is on I'll take some photos. 

Do the people who go to see the McCartneys and Eltons of the festival actually know what the rest of the site is like during headline time??? No, because no one knows what the rest of the site is like because you can't be at the "rest of the site". It's too big, isn't it?

i was walking round the site during bowie, stones, stpringsteen, u2, and it's dead quiet, with small crowds at any of the other stages. i expect it'll be the same with elton.

25 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

It's pretty straightforward to watch half an hour of a Pyramid headliner and then do a tour of the other main stages.  Sure, some of the small stages could still be packed, but that still falls within the remit of the site generally feeling empty.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's pretty straightforward to watch half an hour of a Pyramid headliner and then do a tour of the other main stages.  Sure, some of the small stages could still be packed, but that still falls within the remit of the site generally feeling empty.

Well, I'll be in one of those dead, packed small stages then ☺️👍

37 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

Awww I would reply but it seems like others have already done it.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cool. You can even tell yourself afterwards you didn't miss much.

It's ok to have music tastes that veer from the lowest common denominator. Elton will be a tickbox exercise for most people, I think.

Just now, Lucy F said:

It's ok to have music tastes that veer from the lowest common denominator.

Of course it is. Just don't feel the need to keep banging on about it afterwards.

1 minute ago, Lucy F said:

Elton will be a tickbox exercise for most people, I think.

I'm not so sure, as that suggests people won't really enjoy it. Too early to tell of course, but early indications are that its going to be something special.