Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm in the on-the-fence group. Can see it will be a party and would like to see dill danding live, but if something else grabs me more I'll happily watch it on telly afterwards.

It being the Sunday increases the likelihood of me seeing him I think.

dill danding? is that one of his new ones?! 😄 

Just now, maelzoid said:

There. And down the front. Hopefully the act beforehand will be to my taste because I will be seeing them as well. My Macca experience was tainted a bit by being in a lousy position, so will not be entertaining that possibility with Reg.

Please please get Lizzo on before him - would be a perfect fit and I would be down in the pit for both

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

There are going to some tears, some laughter, special guests, 100,000 having one of the best nights of their lives. It's like a top class Premier League footballer, playing his final game, in his first ever Champions final. This is going to be fucking special

...whilst nailing the winner from 30 yards in the 94th minute and taking the man-of-the-match award

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

You will regret it if it is his last UK show

I know the wording has been quite exact. It is his last ever tour and this is the last UK show of that tour, but it leaves him open to one-off performances in the future.

That said, it could quite easily end up being his last ever. Almost certainly his last ever festival appearance. 

In short, get it while it's still available.

In some ways, it's a pretty similar situation to Diana Ross:

Will there be bangers?  Yes!
Will the field have too many people in it? Yes!
Will the performance actually be any good? Not bloody likely!

But I think I'll go anyway, having said that I can think of a couple of acts headlining opposite Reg that would keep me away - The Smile or Baxter Dury, and that happening isn't all that unlikely. 

13 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

There. And down the front. Hopefully the act beforehand will be to my taste because I will be seeing them as well. My Macca experience was tainted a bit by being in a lousy position, so will not be entertaining that possibility with Reg.

You're going to have to be down there a for a few acts to get down the front for that one.