Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

On 1/17/2023 at 4:35 PM, UEF said:

One day, the gigs will become no more, there'll be wall to wall documentaries and they'll regret the day they declined to watch a Beatle at Glastonbury of all places.

A few of them will probably say they went, too 😉 

Really dont think so. 

Alot of my generation dont worship The Beatles. We appreciate them and their place in history. we respect them but in reality there are so many other bands we rather see live because context matters. We grew up with different bands and love them.

We listen to them time to time but it's not at the forefront for our minds now.

I went to the first 30 mins and it wasn't for me - won't regret it but if you were there and enjoyed it im happy for you

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2023 at 10:16 AM, DeanoL said:

Same level of appeal, lots more people on site on Sunday.

I'd say Elton has much more appeal than McCartney

I think people on here massively overestimate how much people care about the Beatles anymore, and you're not watching the Beatles either you're watching Paul McCartney - not really the same thing. Personally Mitski was probably my set of the festival last year the more I think back and I'm delighted I went instead of going to McCartney just to say I was there (a mile back in a crowd)

Elton has so many absolute high energy bangers in comparison that it will be guaranteed atmosphere

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 years ago Elton abandoned his Auckland concert after trying to perform while ill. Subsequently, Covid put the mockers on his return.

Finally returned last night only to be forced to cancel 20 minutes before the start due to severe weather event, 2nd night cancelled too!

None of this in Elton or his teams control of course, but certainly seems cursed!

35 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

3 years ago Elton abandoned his Auckland concert after trying to perform while ill. Subsequently, Covid put the mockers on his return.

Finally returned last night only to be forced to cancel 20 minutes before the start due to severe weather event, 2nd night cancelled too!

None of this in Elton or his teams control of course, but certainly seems cursed!

How you doing ? That weather out there is bloody incredible it’s been covered on the news here which is rare 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

How you doing ? That weather out there is bloody incredible it’s been covered on the news here which is rare 

Personally, we’re ok. Only ever  buy houses at the top of hills (back in UK the river at the bottom of my street regularly burst its banks). In laws have some flood damage but nowhere near as bad as some folk. There’re 2 confirmed dead and 2 missing in the local area and lots of disruption.

Thanks for asking though, appreciated.

ps Wife’s outdoor gig went ahead last night, she’s more pro than Elton 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I definitely won't be there. I'm guessing it'll be rammed, and Elton is ancient. Fair enough if he was in his prime. Would much rather go somewhere a bit more lively 🥳

20 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

I definitely won't be there. I'm guessing it'll be rammed, and Elton is ancient. Fair enough if he was in his prime. Would much rather go somewhere a bit more lively 🥳

It'll be rammed... and lively. 

20 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

Yeah all us old people and Elton will stay sat down, doubt we’ll even sing tbf.

Enjoy the empty lively site though…

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah all us old people and Elton will stay sat down, doubt we’ll even sing tbf.

Enjoy the empty lively site though…

if its like fore other mega acts the rest of the site will be dead.

the poll is at just under 80 % for the first 2 options .... and thats from pretty hardcore music  fans ..... it'll be even more swayed in Eltons direction with the less hardcore and the sunday ticket holders .... was it quite that high with Macca / Stones and Dolly ? maybe but I reckon this might rival peak crowds 

13 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That can lead to some special moments, though. I had a ball at Lamb at Avalon while Macca played. An incredible set.

i didn't say there was nothing worth seeing - just that the site is dead, as quiet as you can ever see it.

1 hour ago, UEF said:

I've made a resolution the last couple years to leave Sunday night (you know when the party's peaked and people are still hanging around... get out before then). 

This is the size of act I'd stay for. 

Party doesn't peak until 5am Monday at Genosys. 

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

In terms of crowd size there's only really been three MEGA crowds for headliners in the last couple of decades, surely.

Stevie Wonder, Rolling Stones, and Macca.

Elton will be the fourth.

Paul McCartney?

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

see I reckon Elton might get a bigger turnout than Macca ..... controversial opinion probably 🙂 

I agree... I think it will be the biggest crowd the Pyramid has handled in the post-fence days.