Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

7 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Just seen people on Twitter receiving some letters from U2 seemingly pointing at new music... MIGHT be VERY wrong but definitely reckon the guys could be a huge contender for Glastonbury, MAYBE even headliners or just before headlining act?

If they played again, it'd be headline or nothing. No chance whatsoever of anything lower.

Not expecting it to happen though. I suspect they see it as "box ticked", and probably don't feel all that nostalgic about it.

16 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Just seen people on Twitter receiving some letters from U2 seemingly pointing at new music... MIGHT be VERY wrong but definitely reckon the guys could be a huge contender for Glastonbury, MAYBE even headliners or just before headlining act?

Well we know they’re not headlining, and they’re not playing anywhere other than headlining realistically.

At least this time they’re sending letters rather than just dumping it onto people’s phones.

7 hours ago, Neil said:

You're a bigger troll than me you're only here to troll me, why you think I haven't noticed I'm not sure? 

I mean this is blatantly untrue. I’m always scrapping with people on the politics thread for example. I don’t troll, I just go all in on calling people out. If you stop with your GnR pish for 5 mins maybe the place will be better for it 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

because the audiences are pish!

I am that audience. Seen them a bunch of times. Always had a great time because they are a great band with massive tunes that people love. Can’t wait to see them on the farm, it’s going to be epic. People round here always talk about ‘bangers’ and ‘sing a longs’ and GNR absolutely deliver those by the bucketload. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Hows that gonna happen when theyve scrapped everything for this year including opening the MSG Sphere in Vegas because Larry is having back surgery? You want Bono to do his book tour thing?

Poster blitz coming in afternoon.

Edited by Suprefan

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

because the audiences are pish!

Your stubborn refusal to accept that they are a huge, popular act which will draw a crowd reminds me of one of my favourite lines from film.  "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

10 hours ago, incident said:

If they played again, it'd be headline or nothing. No chance whatsoever of anything lower.

Not expecting it to happen though. I suspect they see it as "box ticked", and probably don't feel all that nostalgic about it.

The only thing I could see happening is Bono doing a show on his own. He has been doing these touring his book. I believe Larry Mullen Jnr is having surgery this year which ruled him out of doing anything live this year and he would be the main barrier to doing Glastonbury. Bono on his own might be willing to do a lower slot he has been doing smaller venues himself. 

20 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Your stubborn refusal to accept that they are a huge, popular act which will draw a crowd 

i accept they're that, i also accept that some  people's ears are damaged.

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Another day. Another post by the forum owner calling out members of the forum for liking a band he doesn't. Sad really.

you can like whatever you like , you can also have some quality control.

Just now, BenG92 said:

Instead of day 6 of old-man-yells-at-cloud can we have your prioritised list of who should have been booked instead? 

matt42 can give you an ever-expanding list of names.

11 hours ago, gfa said:

Probably too early for chems to be honest (maybe the dj set)

That was pretty much my reasoning. Both Oribtal and Leftfields have dropped new material, too - so they may cover the heritage dance act angel. I would love to see Oribital in JP - that would be vibes. 

10 hours ago, incident said:

You're probably right but it's a shame for me; was supposed to see them in '10 and then couldn't go in '11 so missed them completely.  They're the classic example of a band I'd love to see but would never pay out the cost of one of their tours.

9 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I don't know why I thought I'd be able to get a straight answer. Never mind

there's lots of better bookings than gnr. is that straight enough for you?

Edited by Neil

6 minutes ago, David_303 said:

That was pretty much my reasoning. Both Oribtal and Leftfields have dropped new material, too - so they may cover the heritage dance act angel. I would love to see Oribital in JP - that would be vibes. 

I'd hoped Orbital would pop up in '19 on the back of Monsters Exist. Maybe this time.

This U2 discussion has weirdly coincided with a mate randomly texting me out of the blue yesterday "U2 are playing Glastonbury" 

No idea where he's gotten that info from, he's not usually the type to even be interested in rumours, but he's adamant to the point where he wants to put money on

I've told him surely they're headliners or nothing, and as far as we're aware, the headliners are locked in at AM GnR Elton