Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Absolutely not starting a rumour about them but posted about Imagine Dragons in another thread and it got me wondering if people think they're big enough to headline? Like them or not, they are so much bigger than when they played in 2014.

Other headliner level maybe?

Yeah, but what you fail to take into account is the fact that they're still fucking w*nk.  They're my 12 year old stepson's favourite.  And he's a bellend.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yeah, but what you fail to take into account is the fact that they're still fucking w*nk.  They're my 12 year old stepson's favourite.  And he's a bellend.

They also have one of the worst band names going. You'd have thought your 12 year old stepson would have thought of it.

1 hour ago, Dales said:

I do like Inhaler. Does anyone else think Inhaler also had the advantage of being able to just use old U2 track's that they never released. As well as the advantage of money and contacts, it also looks like they had songs/blue print of a sound aswell. Most of their stuff is just early U2. 

rubbish surely

1 hour ago, Dales said:

I do like Inhaler. Does anyone else think Inhaler also had the advantage of being able to just use old U2 track's that they never released. As well as the advantage of money and contacts, it also looks like they had songs/blue print of a sound aswell. Most of their stuff is just early U2. 

I can't definitively say that's wrong. But just in logistical terms, it sounds quite unlikely and very risky.

In order for it to be correct - all 4 members of U2 would have to be complicit in it - they'd be giving up any songwriting credits / royalties, along with any chance of cashing in by releasing the track(s) in a box set later. There'd also need to be a code of silence amongst probably a significant number of people - it won't just be the 4 band members who've heard the recording, there'll have been various engineers, studio hands, producers, etc that have worked with them on the material certainly at the time and probably over the years since as well - and any one of them may still recognise it and could potentially spill the beans.

Just imagine if an old demo leaked online of U2 playing something in 1981 that obviously became an Inhaler song in 2021. It'd absolutely shoot Inhalers credibility to shreds - far moreso than the leg up they got by reusing the track in the first place.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Just imagine if an old demo leaked online of U2 playing something in 1981 that obviously became an Inhaler song in 2021. It'd absolutely shoot Inhalers credibility to shreds - far moreso than the leg up they got by reusing the track in the first place.

Dunno if I agree with that really. The odd U2 link might even work in their favour at this stage of their career. 

8 hours ago, Riggins said:

Dunno, as with the others, if the music was shite would she gets as far as she has? She's clearly extremely talented and has released fantastic music. Maya Hawke's music is a completely different vibe and to be honest, quite average, but let's not pretend she hasn't also experienced massive success from having parents in the industry too. 

Yes.

Think of all the dogshit artists down the years who have been inexplicably huge.

If the music press promotes it to no end, a good portion the general public will just go along thinking it must be good, like they do with any trend that gets overly promoted.

38 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Dunno if I agree with that really. The odd U2 link might even work in their favour at this stage of their career. 

I saw them a few weeks ago and the crowd had a lot of U2 fans, you can tell Inhaler are the only band they know formed this side of the year 2000. Their FB group is full of U2 fans too (got tickets from it)

1 hour ago, gfa said:

rubbish surely

1 hour ago, incident said:

I can't definitively say that's wrong. But just in logistical terms, it sounds quite unlikely and very risky.

In order for it to be correct - all 4 members of U2 would have to be complicit in it - they'd be giving up any songwriting credits / royalties, along with any chance of cashing in by releasing the track(s) in a box set later. There'd also need to be a code of silence amongst probably a significant number of people - it won't just be the 4 band members who've heard the recording, there'll have been various engineers, studio hands, producers, etc that have worked with them on the material certainly at the time and probably over the years since as well - and any one of them may still recognise it and could potentially spill the beans.

Yeah, just me trying to be funny. However, it’s easy to see how U2s sound and style have been a huge influence on them.

12 hours ago, Riggins said:

Dunno, as with the others, if the music was shite would she gets as far as she has? She's clearly extremely talented and has released fantastic music. Maya Hawke's music is a completely different vibe and to be honest, quite average, but let's not pretend she hasn't also experienced massive success from having parents in the industry too. 

Well if Billie didnt have Finneas where do you think she wouldve ended up. Would be interesting to see her make a whole album without her brother and see how it turns out. Itll sell, but will it be good. And Ask maya's dad cause he has left her be as much as possible. Theyve talked about that stuff in interviews. Denzel Washington has been the same with John David and look where he got. Musician kids are just a diff thing cause you cant really hide who they are vs actor ones. Like half the guns n roses kids started a band together with scott weilands son who sounds just like him and its the same dirty rock stuff. Wolfgang Van Halen cannot escape his fathers shadow and luckily doesnt care cause he does what he wants.

Edited by Suprefan

5 hours ago, VCK said:

Yes.

Think of all the dogshit artists down the years who have been inexplicably huge.

If the music press promotes it to no end, a good portion the general public will just go along thinking it must be good, like they do with any trend that gets overly promoted.

Which music press is this?

54 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

K Pop obviously. Who is stalking Peter Kay, nobody. Nobody gonna jump over the glasto walls to see Peter, but they would for Blackpink

Nobody would jump over Glasto walls to see Blackpink.

There's plenty of tickets available for their BST and much easier walls to jump at Hyde Park.

• Like 1