Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

We really need a headliner announcement and a couple of decent indications on the other two. Ultimately, they'll get it right (they seldom don't) and it'll be amazing. We just seem to be stuck in some kind of weird soul destroying vortex of mediocrity at the moment. 

Its the legend thats the issue more than the headliners. Does the legend come with the poster or early - can't remember.

dunno why people are panicking, only November and it already looks like Arctic Monkeys, The Prodigy and Pulp are nailed on, with a strong possibility of either Elton John, Dua Lipa or Rihanna in the mix. Shaping up to be a strong lineup I'd say. And even if GnR play, they're still one of the biggest rock acts of all time, even if Axel can't sing anymore

Edited by downtherabbithole
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Are we? I think it's all a bit of fun at the minute. Throwing random names at the wall. I don't think it's as doom and gloom.

Yeah, it's all a little tongue-in-cheek too, I get that. And yeah, it's fun. But let's aim high! As I said, they'll get it right and it'll be amazing

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Complete bollocks, obviously, just another confused musician thrown a question on a red carpet. He probably means they're talking a bit about him rejoining the band.

Yep absolutely.. I'm as obsessed with Glastonbury as anyone and a lot moreso than most - but I do find the constant "are you playing Glastonbury" type questions that artists constantly get asked out of the blue to be irritating. I mean, he probably doesn't even have a real answer anyway, and if he's had any kind of media training then he'll have been taught to give a "don't rule it out, don't confirm anything" response to questions like that.

DiRo was announced even earlier for 2020 - 10th October.

Going back in time:
2019 - Kylie 19th December
2017 - Gibb came with the 1st poster
2016 - ELO 1st Feb
2015 - Lionel 30th November
2014 - Dolly 27th Feb
Before that they always came with the poster.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Hmmm, maybe I sub-conciously saw it somewhere? I wonder if there's a source on the worldwide web where people could discover such important information?

If only, that would be really handy. There's always the OG 

20 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

dunno why people are panicking, only November and it already looks like Arctic Monkeys, The Prodigy and Pulp are nailed on, with a strong possibility of either Elton John, Dua Lipa or Rihanna in the mix. Shaping up to be a strong lineup I'd say. And even if GnR play, they're still one of the biggest rock acts of all time, even if Axel can't sing anymore

Pulp are pretty unlikely I'd say. Not nailed on AT ALL.

56 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Pulp are pretty unlikely I'd say. Not nailed on AT ALL.

You think? Howcome - seems general consensus round here is they will be appearing. Touring all round the fest with a GSH, good friends with festival and not played for 10+ years

9 hours ago, ticketboy69 said:

The 30th anniversary would be 2024 and most things I’ve read have suggested that, but maybe they’ve decided to do it a year earlier?

They're definitely putting a show together for July 2023. 

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

You think? Howcome - seems general consensus round here is they will be appearing. Touring all round the fest with a GSH, good friends with festival and not played for 10+ years

11 minutes ago, incident said:

Do you mean playing generally, or specifically the fact we're in the Headliners thread?

Bit of both. They won't headline I don't think, though I would like it and I can't see them playing anywhere else when they're headlining everything under the sun. There's a chance they play, but I wouldn't be confident.

8 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Bit of both. They won't headline I don't think, though I would like it and I can't see them playing anywhere else when they're headlining everything under the sun. There's a chance they play, but I wouldn't be confident.

Got a better chance than the prodigy! I think they will sub - bit of confusion with the threads i guess eh

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Yeah I’m in the same boat. Really want them to play - they’d be an all-timer sub headliner - but could easily see them skipping it in favour of strictly doing all the headline shows they have booked. Really think it could go either way. 

33 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Think it's quite exciting we're this far along and we only really have an idea on one of the headliners (AM) - feel like it's been a while since that happened.

Can't wait till this time next year, when after AM/GnR/Elton have headlined 2023, we say how we had all the headliners wrapped up before the ticket sale last year.

1 minute ago, topmarksbri said:

Speaking of, found out today Matt Healy's mum is Denise Welch which explains how such an incredibly mid band got so far, nepotism alive and well in show biz

I'm not even a fan but even I know the band really grafted around Manchester back in the day and worked their way up without any help whatsoever.

Having a mum who's on a soap opera (and neither parents even in the music industry) is hardly an immediate, glittering ladder to stardom. C'mon.

• Upvote 11