The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

Yeah, echoing what's been said here really. Carnage then total rage as my payment didn't go through, then most of the group giving up when See said sold out, then seeing a message on here saying keep trying, then giving it one more go and being succesful.

Wtf!?

Agreed that it's very bittersweet. If See hadn't tweeted that I think another of our groups might have been successful.

24/24 - Absolute roller coaster!

First 6, got through to payment, approved on app, then returned to hopelessly watch the timer count down to 0 before saying there was an error. 5 minutes later, money pending in bank and email confirmations sent out!

Last 12 all bought after 10:25, when it had supposedly sold out!

Absolultely ecstatic right now!

10 minutes ago, pdiddylive said:

Not quite sure how it happened but we’re going to our first ever Glasto after trying for tickets for years! Genuinely didn’t think the booking website existed as I’ve never seen it until 10.05 today! 🥳

Beyond excited and see you on the farm in June 2023! x

It's days like today I wish I had loads more reactions to give. You're going to have the time of your life 🙂

Same as a lot of you - we got through to payment 3 times, each time it froze and we just watched the counter tick down to 0 and kick us out.

I had given up all hope until my friend got through at 10:36, a full 35 minutes after the "sold out" tweet. Insane.

Still, the website is an utter shitshow. No excuse for the amount of people who lost tickets due to payment page failing.

Bittersweet one for me.

I managed to be the one to secure tickets for the first time ever, in 9 attempts (luckily I have mates who are a lot more fortunate than me!).

Similar story to others, got the tickets a full 5-10 mins after everybody else in our group were seeing the sold out page. 

Annoyingly between the 16 of us trying, 6 of us got through to the point where you confirm the payment in the banking app, yet only 1 transaction completed. 

All our close crew got in, 3 groups, longest sale ever, then managed to get a few more groups in after up until half ten ish, so 17 groups from our lot in total, the Glasto Gods were kind this year! Sending good vibes to all of those going through re-sale...its defo not over yet, my ticket last Glasto was pretty much last min of resale!!

..feeling blessed🙌

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 11.39.29.png

32 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Yeah, echoing what's been said here really. Carnage then total rage as my payment didn't go through, then most of the group giving up when See said sold out, then seeing a message on here saying keep trying, then giving it one more go and being succesful.

Wtf!?

Agreed that it's very bittersweet. If See hadn't tweeted that I think another of our groups might have been successful.

On the other hand, all the folk who squeaked in at the last minute (myself included) maybe only got lucky cos a large % bailed after See tweeted the sellout

• Upvote 1

Well quite a few of us trying and barely anyone managed to get past the holding page. Usual Shit-Show from See.

We finally managed it AFTER See tickets announced it was sold out. Persistence pays!

On the verge of the re-sale stress again but saved by a mate getting through later than late!

Thankfully I will be attending my 21st Glastonbury and that's 21 of last 22. Last one I missed was 1997. Phew!

Just need a CV ticket now which is usually ok. Got one in the very final resale this year.

Never give up hope!

Edited by Popsider75
  • Upvote 1

After a 9 year absence (and a 5 year absence from any festival), finally got tickets again...I got the dreaded 'all tickets have been allocated' message around 9:25 on Chrome, just as I was entering payment details in Edge...which subsquently 'crashed'.

However, a quick press of F5 and boom, notification via my banking app that a payment to See Tickets had been made...while the wheel of doom was still spinning on screen. Fortunately a few seconds later and confirmation appeared on screen, followed by email confirmation 2 minutes later.

Now to wait for the "live in vehicle" sale...

One of our group got in, but fell foul of the technical difficulties with payment. Eventually after the official news of things being sold out, our browsers one by one gave up and showed "sold out" too. We wished rain on all those who got tickets, cursed the ridiculous system for buying tickets, and most of us went about our day.

But one lone browser refused to give up on its connection. And at 10.23 success was sounded in the Whatsapp group to the shock off all! I was starting to think I'd only ever get to go once in my life. So happy. (although we do now have to do some repenting to the rain gods...)

Luckily got ours via my brothers mate who I've never met!

We had about 30 of us trying and only 2 groups were lucky. I got to putting in registration numbers for mates after sold out but then said all tickets had been allocated. Looks like I maybe should have persevered just a bit longer.

I often find resale easier than the main sale so will hopefully get others sorted in April