2024 Headliners

I'm very jealous of Tyler's set at Coachella - y'all need to watch his performance at the BET awards. He puts a HUGE amount of effort into his live shows. I promise you won't regret clicking Play.

I was lucky enough to see Odd Future at Reading 2012 (all of them, including Earl Sweatshirt and Frank Ocean) and it was chaos. Earl was fantastic at Glastonbury 2023 too.

Edited by discgoesmic
  • Upvote 1

On 1/7/2024 at 2:19 PM, charlierc said:

DJ set after the main headliner but gets tagged as part of the main bill as a PR exercise.

if this is a jab at coachella (seems to be?) its a bit hypocritical after lizzo this year tbf

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

if this is a jab at coachella (seems to be?) its a bit hypocritical after lizzo this year tbf

It happened last year - on the day that Blackpink "headlined", they played around 9-10pm.  After that, Calvin Harris did a DJ set.  Wasn't clear until a couple of days before when set times dropped, that Blackpink were not really headlining at all.  All done to avoid criticism for lack of diversity IMO - very cynical.

Plus of course, by weekend 2 of last year's Coachella (by the time they'd dropped Frank Ocean), 2 of the 3 days were closed by DJ sets - Fred/FourTet/Skrillex closed the final day.

Just tried to put a cheeky tenner on Olivia Rodrigo and both bookies suspend the bet as soon as I try and put it on.

Probably doesn’t mean much beyond showing how little money causes the Glastonbury betting markets to clag up but there we are.

4 minutes ago, goonerben said:

It happened last year - on the day that Blackpink "headlined", they played around 9-10pm.  After that, Calvin Harris did a DJ set.  Wasn't clear until a couple of days before when set times dropped, that Blackpink were not really headlining at all.  All done to avoid criticism for lack of diversity IMO - very cynical.

Nah. I'm happy to take a pop at Coachella when justified, but on this one Blackpink were the headliner. They got the billing, they got their full production, etc. The "DJ after a headliner" thing has been done by countless festivals over the years albeit is more common in mainland Europe than the UK.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Just tried to put a cheeky tenner on Olivia Rodrigo and both bookies suspend the bet as soon as I try and put it on.

Probably doesn’t mean much beyond showing how little money causes the Glastonbury betting markets to clag up but there we are.

TBH if Madge is truly out then that's who I'd put my money on. There's a hella gotta circumstantial that puts her in the frame for it.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

TBH if Madge is truly out then that's who I'd put my money on. There's a hella gotta circumstantial that puts her in the frame for it.

Shes similar to Lizzo last year in that she would be a strong sub and if you can get someone else bigger as well great. But she could definitely headline, especially as she’s more of an Eilish sales-wise than a Lizzo. I’ve just got a sneaky suspicion after noting how much she’s still selling even before she’s started her tour.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

More just poking fun at festivals in general. It's a way it can be done sometimes - I went to Mad Cool which had acts carrying on after the headliners on all nights.

Dunno if it's still the same but because festivals like Bennicassim used to run from about 8pm to 6am the day would work on a bell curve where you a couple of smaller acts early on, then two/three big acts (including the day's 'headliner') then a couple of smaller acts to finish the night off.

4 hours ago, stuie said:

Not yet, just a little leak from this website which the internet has spread around:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=339041&title=COACHELLA-RUMORS:-LANA-TYLER-AND-MORE

Supre just came on here to offer us his congratulations as it seems Dua has chosen the G over Coachella, despite the Eavis' pitiful bank balance and small amount of registers.

I think early tomorrow morning is a good shout, I remember going to bed and not sleeping as the Coachella line up was getting announced the year I was going. You knew this because the KROQ website or something like that had a yellow banner appear at the top and back in the days around 2011 - 13/14 at least, not sure after, that's how you knew the line up was dropping. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

More to everyones liking i bet

IMG_4277.jpeg

Absolutely no interest in that. 3 acts I'd see.

4 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I put a tenner on her a few months ago. 10/1

4 hours ago, incident said:

Nah. I'm happy to take a pop at Coachella when justified, but on this one Blackpink were the headliner. They got the billing, they got their full production, etc. The "DJ after a headliner" thing has been done by countless festivals over the years albeit is more common in mainland Europe than the UK.

A few New Zealand festivals I went to when I lived out there did the same

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think early tomorrow morning is a good shout, I remember going to bed and not sleeping as the Coachella line up was getting announced the year I was going. You knew this because the KROQ website or something like that had a yellow banner appear at the top and back in the days around 2011 - 13/14 at least, not sure after, that's how you knew the line up was dropping. 

Absolutely no interest in that. 3 acts I'd see.

You mean the fest that has acts your mum would know isnt good enough now?

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Getting tickets for the tour was like nothing I've seen outside of the Eras Tour.  Crazy scenes.

Agelreed she's a strong sub if they have another headliner lined up. But if not I can see the argument for giving her the top place on the podium.

It’s up there. If you want to get down the front at one of the US shows, you won’t see much change from a grand (this is Seattle):

IMG_2823.thumb.jpeg.9974cb1253d033fe315f24e059cff690.jpeg
“Good deal”