2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

As you see this is August (so misses September and October this year which are obviously particularly expensive) and doesn't specify the from month in 2019. 

Perhaps someone with better maths than I can work out October 2019 to October 2022? 

Screenshot_20221017-160756_Chrome.jpg

Is that the CPI measure that includes fuel and food?

17 minutes ago, Glastoboy said:

You're right, of course.

But the Leftfield tent (and politics at Glastonbury) gets grief from some festival goers - even on this forum. And a lot of people spend zero time or thought in the green and healing fields. These are the bits of 'old glastonbury' that have survived. How long until these are evicted or leave of their own choice? Or VIP circles or enclosures start springing up?

Id be very surprised if they started messing with those areas. Its what differentiates Glasto from other festivals.

Cant see them ever doing a Coachella on it.

19 minutes ago, Glastoboy said:

You're right, of course.

But the Leftfield tent (and politics at Glastonbury) gets grief from some festival goers - even on this forum. And a lot of people spend zero time or thought in the green and healing fields. These are the bits of 'old glastonbury' that have survived. How long until these are evicted or leave of their own choice? Or VIP circles or enclosures start springing up?

I dunno, some people have been anticipating those elements for decades. 

15 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Is that the CPI measure that includes fuel and food?

Ah, I tried to ensure the note at the bottom was fully included. 

It was from here, as I'm lazy and not clever enough to work out compound interest over the intervening years. 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

Just now, aj6658 said:

Demand for tickets will 100% be down. Mortgages, energy, food everything has gone up. People are going to make a choice between that and other events. 

I don’t think the demand for deposits will be affected too badly. But there’ll be plenty more in the pot come April.

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I dare say you may have a better chance of getting a ticket in April than November.

Downside is you’ll be expected to drop  340 notes, plus postage plus either car parking or a coach ticket, in one hit.

Yea I think you are correct. The energy support package ending and what that looks like will be the big thing on a lot of people booking or not. 

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

No tweet and no news announcement. Leaving room for “it was posted in error” if there is outrage if it’s picked up in the press.

Naw. They know the people paying attention will see it and discuss it for now. They cant go back on a price hike. Somebody in here is likely going to say that the council would be informed of this and such cause they have to know about a lot of things, esp ticket cost.

It will take longer to sell out and resale will be a cake walk.

Edited by Suprefan

I'm surprised by how much, but yea, I expected it to hit a bit higher than we thought. 

I don't think this will make a difference to ticket day. We ponder every year if it'll be easier/harder and its always 'harder for some, easier for some, sold out in 30-40 minutes still'. Which will be the same this year. Those who think its too much money, will be replaced with people who've not managed a ticket since 2019 that really wants to go, or those who have watched it the past few years and are now in the position of affording it. 

The demand outweighs the supply by a huge margin. This will change it some, but not noticeable.