All Points East 2023

gfa

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Very hard to see that one selling well.

That confirms there are *still* a minimum of two further days to announce on the second weekend then. 

That is true. I am wracking my brains as to who might turn up on those as headline acts. 

Lorde or Bjork is a possibility as raised in here in recent days, but do we have any other strong rumours? 

5 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Lana, Fr*d Again or Frank Ocean are the only ones I can see flying out the door if announced. They're leaving it really late at this point which makes me suspect they're probably big names.

I’m going the other way and thinking they’re completely stuck for headliners which is why nothing’s been announced yet. Haim hardly screams ‘we’ve got some big names in our back pocket’.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Lana, Fr*d Again or Frank Ocean are the only ones I can see flying out the door if announced. They're leaving it really late at this point which makes me suspect they're probably big names.

Fred Again playing a Scottish festival on Aug 26, so it would have to be the 27th if its him. Although I'd 100% be up for replicating the line up from that day at Connect - Fred, Young Fathers, Kelly Lee Owen, Biig Piig, Roisin Murphy... 

Lana doesn't have much announced so that's a possibility. I have been bitten before by the Frank Ocean excitement so I'm gonna guess that's a no... 

19 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Fred’s going to be announcing a big run of shows in London in Sep so won’t be APE (unless things have changed)

45 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Looks like New Order bring added to Primavera Sound etc later today. Might be one to factor in somewhere? 

There surely aren't many acts left who haven't announced any shows that will be around in the summer? 

this would be stunning

there's still florence too and lorde possible

16 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

These split up and formed a new band.

That new band is headlining another day with Folamour, Pink Pantheress, Badbadnotgood, Nia Archives and a few others. 

Jungle? Had to do some detective work for that, hadn't heard of their earlier band

• Upvote 1

Would have thought that Haim day would be a very hard to sell to anyone who saw them on that last tour. When we saw them at Mad Cool, they done a near 10 minute bit about Esther sleeping with someone in a portaloo at it was absolutely excruciating; especially when people I know that saw them elsewhere had seen them doing the exact same thing. 

If they keep that to a minimum and play the hits it would be definitely worth a free ticket nearer the time, that first album is still one of my favourites of the 2010s that I find myself revisiting often.

41 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Would have thought that Haim day would be a very hard to sell to anyone who saw them on that last tour. When we saw them at Mad Cool, they done a near 10 minute bit about Esther sleeping with someone in a portaloo at it was absolutely excruciating; especially when people I know that saw them elsewhere had seen them doing the exact same thing. 

If they keep that to a minimum and play the hits it would be definitely worth a free ticket nearer the time, that first album is still one of my favourites of the 2010s that I find myself revisiting often.

They did that skit at Glastonbury too, it also went nowhere and could have done without it but they have a casual confidence about them that makes dicking round like that a lot less cringey than if others did it.

We're considering the Haim day, not massive on the undercard but they're a great band and APE is always a great day out.

I'm sure I have a vague recollection of someone here saying Haim moved their O2 show because it had sold so badly and they wanted more time to sell tickets.  Either way, if they struggled to sell out the O2 a few months ago, can't see 40,000 tickets going anywhere