Taylor swift

brettredmayne

Can I be really honest with what worries me. Said this in a different forum but going to put it here too.

I wouldn’t admit it before, but I was getting a bit worried at how big Taylor was getting since the cancelled 2020 festival. With Midnights she’s back at 1989 levels of massive.

She signed to do Glastonbury off the back of the Rep tour. The first festival tour she ever agreed to. Some may argue after Rep/Lover it looked like she was on the decline.

She’s clearly not on the decline anymore… is there a need for her to still do Glastonbury? She can do a gigantic stadium tour again with ease. She’s managed to recover any damage that was done during those times.

I’m worried she’s returned to a point where she is “above” the festival.

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Behave! The Stones, Bowie, Macca, U2 etc weren’t ‘above’ the festival.

She’ll be doing her stuff on the farm before too long

They were years beyond their peak. Taylor has re-peaked. Do we need to wait until she’s uncool again?

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can I be really honest with what worries me. Said this in a different forum but going to put it here too.

I wouldn’t admit it before, but I was getting a bit worried at how big Taylor was getting since the cancelled 2020 festival. With Midnights she’s back at 1989 levels of massive.

She signed to do Glastonbury off the back of the Rep tour. The first festival tour she ever agreed to. Some may argue after Rep/Lover it looked like she was on the decline.

She’s clearly not on the decline anymore… is there a need for her to still do Glastonbury? She can do a gigantic stadium tour again with ease. She’s managed to recover any damage that was done during those times.

You post some bollox sometimes but this is just ridiculous.

Adele, one of the biggest artists of the 21st century did it, her only ever festival performance, since blowing up. Foo fighters, who cancelled, came back, huge act that do stadium levels of touring around the world on a more regular basis than Taylor. Ed Sheeran, another enormous UK artist, multiple UK stadium tours, on the back of one his biggest album. 

That's in the past 4 festivals. 

Edited by chazwwe
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I get your point but I get the feeling she's the type that "gets" the festival and would love to play it. Seems like it won't be this year but convinced she'll play it in the next couple of years

Ugh if those dates are true and she’s out… it’ll be a body blow for next year. I don’t intend on going to Glasto in both 2023 and 2024, so although I know ‘there are plenty of other stages’, ‘it’s not about the headliners’ etc., the line up does play into it a little more than usual next year. I’ll need to seriously consider my balance payment when the poster drops. 

Edited by kalifire

8 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Soonish is the Norton verdict. Who knows. I am prepared for Taylor not playing Glasto but I do expect a euro tour next year. That said I might check out that Nashville date if all else fails

If these leaked dates are true she is in Europe.... in late august september??? She will be in the States may-july

10 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

She could do something like Wembley and the millennium in late August/September I guess

Yeah that was my thought. She’s obviously here next summer, she’s giving out presale codes and spoke about it on G Norts. There’s all of August available there.

8 minutes ago, MK1 said:

If these leaked dates are true she is in Europe.... in late august september??? She will be in the States may-july

Theyre true. Also, Los Angeles is the first weekend of August. If its Europe and Uk next fall then I could see mini residencies to meet demand. Like Harry Styles. So think 6 nights at The O2, 6 in manchester and so on and so forth. That would push it all the way to the end of the hear if thats how it went.  Unless stadiums still have openings at the end of the summer?

8/4/23 - Taylor Swift w/Haim - SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA

8/5/23 - Taylor Swift w/Haim - SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA

Edited by Suprefan
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Theyre true. Also, Los Angeles is the first weekend of August. If its Europe and Uk next fall then I could see mini residencies to meet demand. Like Harry Styles. So think 6 nights at The O2, 6 in manchester and so on and so forth. That would push it all the way to the end of the hear if thats how it went.  Unless stadiums still have openings at the end of the summer?

She could who a run of Wembley, hampden, Cardiff, Manchester cricket.

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

We’re looking at honeymoon ideas atm and have to say, going back to California and doing those shows is hella tempting.

Im not sure she’d be doing arenas over here though? I think a run of Wembley dates late August might just be it tbh.

And those dates definitely make me think there’s a second leg in 2024 including all the festivals. Which I think might work out best for Glastonbury anyway since she would likely expand the setlist away from the Midnights focus.

Quietly very relieved inside tbh at all this. Glastonbury is a no go next year for us now so bring on Taylor 2024 ✌️

Edited by jparx

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Nope, cause you lot think you had it all nicely sewn up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not really - even as we started to get our hopes up there was always some doubt around her, hence why many predictions didn’t have her at the top and hence all the Florence, Elton, Eminem etc talk. We’ve had people come on here and say GnR were booked after Taylor fell through, which is why they’ve been talked of as Taylor’s replacement. A lot of us were hopeful she would play, but we’ve done this long enough to know that things often don’t go as planned and the ‘obvious’ headliner trio often isn’t what we end up with. 

2024 then eh… although I somewhat echo Matt’s sentiment that she may just decide not to do festivals now. Reputation definitely dented her momentum a little (just a little) but she’s now the biggest artist on the planet, so could very well just stick with her own shows where she can control everything, but I still think/hope Glastonbury will be on the cards after seeing the excitement surrounding her original booking. 

I wouldn’t worry about Taylor souring on Glastonbury. I think the value in that show is clear and outweighs the lower pay day. She’ll turn up in the next few years. And even if she has soured on it, momentum will swing back down again. 

We will look back and see this as a good thing when she’s doing a greatest hits set in the Pyramid with two hours of concentrated bangers.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Stadium dates become a lot trickier from August onwards though.

Just hard to imagine here doing arenas though. If she’s doing 10 nights at the o2 I’d be all over that and seeing her in a more intimate venue than Wembley, just seems hard to imagine. 

18 minutes ago, sisco said:

National stadiums don’t 

Not sure if the World Cup will push the schedules back a bit this year but Wembley usually has the Charity Shield early August and England internationals early September.

There might be a small window depending on worried they are about the pitch.