Taylor swift

brettredmayne

Her fourth album since the last tour, its gotta come soon. The fact she's gone with a pre-announcement rather than immediate release suggests there's more promo and announcements to come. It appears like it'll be more down the folklore/evermore route than a pop album, excited to hear it. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I won’t be totally convinced until she announces some live dates, but her having a new album out instead of just sticking with the re-recordings has surely gotta be a good indicator that she intends to tour sooner rather than later so here’s hoping! 

I’d expect dates to drop around the release of the album.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Out the same day as the long awaited new AM album. Turner and the lads will not be happy.

I expect AM will win that on these shores, but still, those are two heavy hitters so will be an interesting and perhaps surprising chart battle. 

The theme of the album sure does sound like she’s gonna be sticking with the moodiness of the previous two, or at least not gonna be full of 1989-alike bangers.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’d imagine AM will sell more physical copies but get destroyed in the streaming stakes.

Yeah had a quick rethink and you’re almost certainly right, probably not helped by the fact that the new AM almost certainly won’t be a catchy banger fest and even the moodiest Swift album will be full of ear worms. 

Excellent news! Not yet popping the champagne for a new tour announcement but it feels slightly more on the cards at least.

The leaks suggesting this is a new direction seem accurate at least from the initial promo material. Imagine if this is a total experimental, weird, bangerless record and it’s finally the album she headlines on the back of 😂

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Taylor will destroy AM in a chart battle on pretty much all fronts including physical copies

if AM want a no 1 album they will need to bring it forward a week which is exactly what i’d be doing if i was them

Yes I think they may bring it forward. When are the 1975 dropping?

lol I’ve just checked. Not great for AM.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Taylor will destroy AM in a chart battle on pretty much all fronts including physical copies

if AM want a no 1 album they will need to bring it forward a week which is exactly what i’d be doing if i was them

Yeah I tend to agree. Folklore and Evermore were surprise releases, this is the first new record since Lover that will have actual promo time pre-release. I think the hype will be massive.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Trying to manifest a Sunday night headline slot. It would make my partner's year (local Sunday ticket). I wonder if she'll resurrect the previously cancelled dates from 2020 (BST & Glastonbury)?

I think the tour will be drawn up from scratch personally. She might end up hitting some of the same festivals but it’ll be interesting to see what the tour (🤞) looks like - this initial promo work doesn’t strike me as being a big, banger filled pop record, which isn’t what you would expect if you’re looking to headline festivals for the first time. Lover made total sense, but if this more downbeat and experimental, maybe she opts for more of her own shows or even more intimate venues? 

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Trying to manifest a Sunday night headline slot. It would make my partner's year (local Sunday ticket). I wonder if she'll resurrect the previously cancelled dates from 2020 (BST & Glastonbury)?

Emily has pretty much said that next time she tours she’s headlining so if she’s touring this album it’s a done deal.