Mad Cool 2023

edge235

30 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

For those of you who have attended before: What does the VIP give you? Is it worth it?

I attended 2018 (Vip) and 2022. In 2018, for VIP, they had a section close to both main stages and it was well worth, although Mad Cool had many complaints because those VIP sections were often half empty. They removed VIP sections in front of the two main stages after 2018. In 2022, they had a VIP elevated platform with view from one of the main stages, but very far. Drinks are cheaper in the VIP platform. NOT worth is in my opinion assuming 2023 is no different than 2022. 

Edited by LaurentExpos
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Amsy said:
35 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

For those of you who have attended before: What does the VIP give you? Is it worth it?

Different entrance, elevated view of main stages (sound was inferior there). Cheaper drinks without queues, fast food without quees. Priceless shadow (although not many chairs to sit) water mists, and nirmal toilets instead of toi-toi. Is it worth 300Euro? Probably not, depends how cost sensitive are you. But it gives you more comfort in hot sun, less crowd and the view of a main stage was pretty good. There were also some gadgets (I don’t know the difference between regular tickets). I would (will) take it again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hover said:

Different entrance, elevated view of main stages (sound was inferior there). Cheaper drinks without queues, fast food without quees. Priceless shadow (although not many chairs to sit) water mists, and nirmal toilets instead of toi-toi. Is it worth 300Euro? Probably not, depends how cost sensitive are you. But it gives you more comfort in hot sun, less crowd and the view of a main stage was pretty good. There were also some gadgets (I don’t know the difference between regular tickets). I would (will) take it again.

When Franz Ferdinand did Mad Cool 2018, they complained about the VIP section being at front of the stage instead and encouraged people to vault the fence to get into there. So I see they've changed their policy after antics like that, and also QOTSA refusing to play until that happened as well.

Maybe that's a slight surprise on my part that both Franz and QOTSA duly agreed to return. Though if they now go for the elevated platform approach rather than a giant bit at front of the stage, maybe that's enough to satisfy them.

2 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

This is the guy who said Halsey was a weak headliner 

Oh absolutely . And I stand by it. No need to make it personal chief. 

They are festivals not football teams.

I live in Spain and I’m going to Mad Cool , Cala Mijas and Primavera. I actually have tickets for BBK bought too to see the arctic monkeys ,  but now that they are doing a standalone in Madrid on the 10th July I can double them up with Madcool. 

Between them all I’ll see plenty of good bands over the summer. 

I think this years primavera is lacking compared to last year. The lineup is a bit shallow to be fair. I’m sure I’ll uncover plenty of hidden gems , but as I alluded to earlier there are a lot of names high up the poster who I quite frankly have never heard of. That’s not to say they are bad , I could end up loving them , but to me , at first glance , it’s weak.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Makes you wonder why they're holding off on them if they're there. They announced their Hyde Park gig last week so them announcing mad cool surely wouldn't have caused any issues.

Well we can safely say that "hell" clure refered to This Hell, a song by Rina Sawayama.

(Saw Rina this year at Primavera and she was great by the way.)

Well, a disappointment "hell clue" was Rina instead of G&R.

Lineup is great, but not of my very taste, Sigur Ros, Liam and Rufus were great surprises

I hope that 2 headliners left are more guitar/ indie oriented ( I'm afraid the great one will be Billie) and wait for new confirmations in the second line a la Sigur Ros

I think with BILLIE and WEEZER and a couple of new good acts at undercard this will be a  genuine Mad Cool lineup, in its line of excellence.

Definitely I will buy 3 day ticket, prices are reasonable, even cheap

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

Definitely I will buy 3 day ticket, prices are reasonable, even cheap

I had a look out of interest before and even without the Santander presale the prices work out at about £170, which when you look around at other line ups/prices of them it’s got to be considered value for money if nothing else. All of the headliners on any of the given  days would cost you that alone probably 

Lots of good stuff and being discussing today with my partner about whether we should go or not. We decided not enough to make us change our plans to see Blur & The Weeknd in London. Plus the saved annual leave would be useful for a holiday.

Its one of those cases where if they had announced the date & lineup months ago then we would have already bought tickets and happily went but in the meantime have already committed to other tickets and weekends away in July.

12 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

I had a look out of interest before and even without the Santander presale the prices work out at about £170, which when you look around at other line ups/prices of them it’s got to be considered value for money if nothing else. All of the headliners on any of the given  days would cost you that alone probably 

I paid 300 quid for a “mosh pit” ticket for RHCP in Barcelona last summer.

I can see them again plus all the other bands .

Madcool is a bargain.

1 minute ago, Muppetmark said:

What happened?

In 2018 AM wanted to announce all their fests in one go in late January. Mad Cool did a few things to make it clear to people that they were playing Mad Cool such as painfully easy clues, someone from the fest letting it slip etc etc.

User @Ken19 on here said this a few years ago and a guy on the AM forums has also said the same.

Essentially they announced them before they were supposed to in order to sell more tickets early

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

In 2018 AM wanted to announce all their fests in one go in late January. Mad Cool did a few things to make it clear to people that they were playing Mad Cool such as painfully easy clues, someone from the fest letting it slip etc etc.

User @Ken19 on here said this a few years ago and a guy on the AM forums has also said the same.

Essentially they announced them before they were supposed to in order to sell more tickets early

So basically the same thing that happened with The Strokes last edition? 

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Aye Mad Cool were definitely a bit of an underdog back in 2018 compared to other big festivals. Don't know why they didn't respect artists requests though, the 2018 line up was banging and it'd have sold out eventually.

We could try to make a Christmas wish list for the main remaining slots, we,ll use a five-slot mode, this is mine:

Friday 1st Headliner: GREEN DAY

Saturday 3rd Headliner: WEEZER

Friday second liner : LCD SOUNDSYSTEM

Saturday second liner: BEACH HOUSE

Best Third liner: THE FLAMING LIPS

Those additions definitely would make my day for next MC, hahaha...

21 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Oh absolutely . And I stand by it. No need to make it personal chief. 

They are festivals not football teams.

I live in Spain and I’m going to Mad Cool , Cala Mijas and Primavera. I actually have tickets for BBK bought too to see the arctic monkeys ,  but now that they are doing a standalone in Madrid on the 10th July I can double them up with Madcool. 

Between them all I’ll see plenty of good bands over the summer. 

I think this years primavera is lacking compared to last year. The lineup is a bit shallow to be fair. I’m sure I’ll uncover plenty of hidden gems , but as I alluded to earlier there are a lot of names high up the poster who I quite frankly have never heard of. That’s not to say they are bad , I could end up loving them , but to me , at first glance , it’s weak.

You were right -- Halsey is sh*t! Hahaha