Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

I decided earlier in the week to gamble on (1) them headlining Glastonbury and (2) me getting a ticket for Glastonbury, rather than shell out to see them twice in a week. Then if unsuccessful, try and pick a ticket up closer to the time. 

That being said, now I know there are £52 seated tickets I might have a look and see if I can get one for the Emirates tomorrow anyway 

Edited by Chef

Yeah, I was really surprised the tickets started at £52,  I was thinking at would be over £75. I wasnt sure about paying over £70 having seen them so many times before, but my eldest wanted to go, so though I would take him. As they were only £52 I got tickets for the wife and other son as well!

There are elements of the new song that I like - more beefed up, guitars, orchestral touches etc - but after four years I was kind of hoping/expecting they’d have moved on a little from this sound rather than dug deeper in to it. It’s a good song, but I’d always seen TBH&C as a bit of a stand-alone experiment that Alex needed to get out of his system rather than just the direction the band was gonna go in henceforth. Maybe I was foolish for thinking that was the case, although I doubt I was alone in that. 

Still excited for the album mind as I’m sure it’ll all grow on me much like the last one did.

Edited by FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There are elements of the new song that I like - more beefed up, guitars, orchestral touches etc - but after four years I was kind of hoping/expecting they’d have moved on a little from this sound rather than dug deeper in to it. It’s a good song, but I’d always seen TBH&C as a bit of a stand-alone experiment that Alex needed to get out of his system rather than just the direction the band was gonna go in henceforth. Maybe I was foolish for thinking that was the case, although I doubt I was alone in that. 

Still excited for the album mind as I’m sure it’ll all grow on me much like the last one did.

Album after has always been influenced by the one previously I think, WPSIA and FWN

Humbug building on the more rocky songs on FWN

SIAS into the American sound of humbug 

AM going onto the R and B influence on SIAS

only one without it is AM into TBHC

Can we all just commend See tickets and their reasonable fees. So glad they done the pre-sale and not ticketmaster. Only 1 x £1.50 transaction fee. If it was TM it would be delivery charge for an e-ticket, transaction fee, booking fee, fee just for the hell of it fee.

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Well I have no confidence in an attempt to join the general tomorrow going well if all dates were that swamped just on fan pre-sale.

Maybe I should take a lead from what I did on the TBHC Tour in 2018 when I just went to a mainland Europe show instead given how UK tickets were just that unavailable.

Keep the faith, I got in 25 mins after 9 and got 2 standing tickets today

36 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Can we all just commend See tickets and their reasonable fees. So glad they done the pre-sale and not ticketmaster. Only 1 x £1.50 transaction fee. If it was TM it would be delivery charge for an e-ticket, transaction fee, booking fee, fee just for the hell of it fee.

Booking fees were still £7.25 per ticket.

59 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Well I have no confidence in an attempt to join the general tomorrow going well if all dates were that swamped just on fan pre-sale.

Maybe I should take a lead from what I did on the TBHC Tour in 2018 when I just went to a mainland Europe show instead given how UK tickets were just that unavailable.

Honestly it wasn't hard. I got the page you don't want for 20 mins then it let me in no problem and i could have got any date i wanted even then. There is a gigantic amount of tickets here, like half a million all over the country. Everyone that wants one will get one.

My partner got this in her inbox. If they are doing the Sunday then that works for me as we can not make the Friday or Saturday. I wonder if true it will be annonced after the other shows have sold?

logo-white-v2.png
ad.php?do=img&zid=81762&oid=16135&wd=-1&

Arctic Monkeys
Arctic Monkeys
just announced a show

Sunday, June 18, 2023
Emirates Stadium
North London, United Kingdom
5:00 PM
Get Tickets
Set Reminder

20 minutes ago, Dales said:

My partner got this in her inbox. If they are doing the Sunday then that works for me as we can not make the Friday or Saturday. I wonder if true it will be annonced after the other shows have sold?

logo-white-v2.png
ad.php?do=img&zid=81762&oid=16135&wd=-1&

Arctic Monkeys
Arctic Monkeys
just announced a show

Sunday, June 18, 2023
Emirates Stadium
North London, United Kingdom
5:00 PM
Get Tickets
Set Reminder

where does the ticket link take you ? is it dead or is there at least a see/tm attached

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

where does the ticket link take you ? is it dead or is there at least a see/tm attached

It just drills down to this and you can set reminders for only these gigs. No link to ticket agency, so have my doubts but there is space in the tour foor another Arsenal gig. I guess we will find out in the coming days oneway or another.

Events
Upcoming
Past
  • Thanks 1