**** Fleetwood Mac (Glastonbury 2023)****

mike99

Was lucky enough to see them on more than one occasion; first few times was without Christine McVie, and they were all the better for her rejoining.

Was having a little reminisce about seeing them at Pinkpop and found this from one of my all time best festival headliner sets. 

0AFD11D5-1ABE-4DBB-9F09-A9FE0AC6233A.jpeg

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno - she was out the band for 15 or 16 years in the noughties.

But they had John McVie, Lindsey and Stevie. The former is apparently in bad health and unlikely to tour and I can’t see how it can be Fleetwood Mac without a ‘Mac’. And I can’t see Stevie staying if Lindsey comes back. But then they’ve toured with some right ropey incarnations of the band in the past

19 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Very sad. And wasn’t she more sensible than her bandmates, the others seemed to be more onto excess, it’s not really fair. 

I’ve seen Fleetwood Mac play with and without Christine and it really showed how many of the greatest songs were hers which they didn’t play without her there. Terrific singer and songwriter. So sad. 

Lucky enough to see them 5 times since 2013 in UK, three times with Christie and she was mesmerising. What a songwriter and one of the best hands I've ever had the privilege of watching live. Will be a massive loss. I never tire of Rumours or Tango in the Night. 

Edited by Nestacres

Considering the Mac have been contention as potential headliners right up until this moment, this seems shockingly sudden.

In a band that had both Buckingham and Nicks as singer songwriters, she was their equal on both fronts which is testament to her talent, even if she seemed the more temperate of the three. 

She does leave us some remarkably beautiful music. 

• Upvote 1

Very sad news. Feeling glad I managed to see the full band when they toured a few years ago - was the day after Glastonbury 2015 I believe, so treated it as my 4th headliner. Always hoped we'd get them on the farm - think they would have been the perfect Pyramid headliner.

RIP Christine

• 8 months later...