**** Fleetwood Mac (Glastonbury 2023)****

mike99

45 minutes ago, incident said:

There was, at one point, a tongue in cheek theory that mike99 was an alt account created by Neil in order to drive traffic.

No, in short.

Mike is not Neil, I know who he is through what he has said in the past and he does have music industry credentials. Although I can't verify what he says he is a lot more likely to know than I am.

Not posted on here in awhile but...I'm convinced I saw Mick Fleetwood on site on the Friday up by the Co-Op.

He's a pretty distinctive looking guy but I fully accept it could have been a lookalike as doesn't he live in Hawaii or something?  

Still though. If it wasn't him, he has a twin. 

3 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

The moment you decide to make an exception and pay someone more, others are starting to expect it as well. A very dangerous path to take and I'm sure bookers know that as well. 

Why should I come and do the gig if you're paying me less than you paid X? These agencies represent loads of acts and know very well what kind of amounts are going around.. 

There's a difference between overpaying for someone like the Rolling Stones or Fleetwood Mac and telling Radiohead there not getting what you paid them and overpaying Radiohead and telling Coldplay you're not giving them what you gave Radiohead.

5 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Not posted on here in awhile but...I'm convinced I saw Mick Fleetwood on site on the Friday up by the Co-Op.

He's a pretty distinctive looking guy but I fully accept it could have been a lookalike as doesn't he live in Hawaii or something?  

Was he grabbing a meal deal?

There is the possibility that it was Lindsay that was the least keen for Glastonbury. So now it's Neil Finn (who's very keen on Glastonbury).

We know Mick was keen. Stevie has talked about it lots and you'd assume Christine would be keen (English and lived nearish for a while I think). 

And if Neil was there this year to chat about it....

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Was he grabbing a meal deal?

I stood next to/behind "him" waiting to cross the road (you know when the stewards make you wait while a vehicle comes past) so I had a good ten seconds of staring. I really wish I'd asked whether he was Mick Fleetwood now, we're both from basically the same town so that could have been the in!

I was told (by someone in Pilton with a touch of ITK) that the main band members are indeed represented be different management so you have to agree separate deals in order to get the band. Clearly they're the "one that got away" up to now, but I'd be surprised if they're there next year.

Edited by TheNewUnion

10 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I stood next to/behind "him" waiting to cross the road (you know when the stewards make you wait while a vehicle comes past) so I had a good ten seconds of staring. I really wish I'd asked whether he was Mick Fleetwood now, we're both from basically the same town so that could have been the in!

I’d doubt it just because he charges a shed load for a meet and greet and can’t imagine he would wander round the co op for free!

18 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

There is the possibility that it was Lindsay that was the least keen for Glastonbury. So now it's Neil Finn (who's very keen on Glastonbury).

We know Mick was keen. Stevie has talked about it lots and you'd assume Christine would be keen (English and lived nearish for a while I think). 

And if Neil was there this year to chat about it....

This would make sense. Saw them a Wembley and really enjoyed it. Had Free Fallin’ and a couple of crowded house songs as extras

5 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I was told (by someone in Pilton with a touch of ITK) that the main band members are indeed represented be different management so you have to agree separate deals in order to get the band. Clearly they're the "one that got away" up to now, but I'd be surprised if they're there next year.

I'm sure that's true, but it's also true of the Stones so obviously not an insurmountable obstacle.

27 minutes ago, Zacko said:

taylor by the cider bus , mick by the coop .... im clearly hanging about in the wrong areas 

35 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Mike is not Neil, I know who he is through what he has said in the past and he does have music industry credentials. Although I can't verify what he says he is a lot more likely to know than I am.

Oh, I know that mike99 isn't Neil - hence I said the suggestion was tongue in cheek.

While I can't remember specifics at this point, I'm pretty sure Mike has posted some absolute bollocks on here over the years though - if he's connected to the industry then that may just be that the industry grapevine has been wrong which is perfectly believable and we've seen before from other angles.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

taylor by the cider bus , mick by the coop .... im clearly hanging about in the wrong areas 

It's so funny cause I was thinking "this is basically like the Taylor cider bus thing all over again" 😅

One thing I will say is it was one of the few times I was completely sober haha.

Reckon Fleetwood would get agargantuanm crowd. Almost my entire group would go see them, whereas not many of us saw Macca.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Fleetwood Mac without Buckingham isn’t the same. I’m sure people who haven’t seen them before will pretend to themselves that it is but he is undoubtedly the driving force behind their best songs and their live show. 

Or not.  Having seen them with LB, this isn't my view. He's the least important of the three main songwriters.