LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

On 2/11/2024 at 6:54 PM, Quark said:

Saw something on Twitter about this today. Think it was summed up quite well as "we'd all love to see REM reform, but at the same time it would take away a little bit of what we love about them".

They've been so adamant about not doing it and being collectively happy with how they signed off that, as much as I'd be in line to see them, I genuinely hope they don't. It'd be nice to see them stick to their guns.

Personally I don't think it'll ever happen. You might get a one-off song at some kind of big charity event or something like that, but I don't see them doing any new music or a reunion tour for the dollar.

Plus I've just started Tony Fletcher's biography of them that goes right from the beginning to the separation, and I don't want to have to buy an updated edition.

Totally agree. One of my all time favourite bands. I really don’t want them to reform though. It would suit their story and their reputation better to leave it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/9/2024 at 12:54 PM, fullfathom5 said:

It was great where I was down the front. Problem is, if you stand at the back at any festival, you won't get the same atmosphere and are basically watching it on screens.

Problem is what they did with the screens. Too clever for their own good, when the people at the back just need to see the band as much as possible.

I went to the TRNSMT gig a couple of weeks later as did a few others I know up here and you could literally split whether they enjoyed it or not based on how far forward they were. Everyone stuck further back complained about the overly artsy screens. Me and my mate had seen the complaints on here and made sure we were down the front, where it was incredible.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Problem is what they did with the screens. Too clever for their own good, when the people at the back just need to see the band as much as possible.

I went to the TRNSMT gig a couple of weeks later as did a few others I know up here and you could literally split whether they enjoyed it or not based on how far forward they were. Everyone stuck further back complained about the overly artsy screens. Me and my mate had seen the complaints on here and made sure we were down the front, where it was incredible.

yeah and not everyone wants to be or can be at the front and so if you can only see the screens you are a bit screwed.

Looking at the coverage on the BBC they looked incredible but the people further back would never have seen what was going on, on the stage

51 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They are doing an excellent job keeping it under wraps, either that or the e fest detectives are having a poor year. 😉😊

I said this to a friend yesterday. By now we've normally had more self confirms too. I mean on here we think we know the headliners due to some insider info but outside of here I wonder how many ticket holders know anything.

34 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I said this to a friend yesterday. By now we've normally had more self confirms too. I mean on here we think we know the headliners due to some insider info but outside of here I wonder how many ticket holders know anything.

Aren't the eFest detectives (and detectives in other parts of the internet) having quite a good year?   I don't think there will be much on the initial lineup poster that's a true "didn't see that coming" - not for most on here at least.  I feel like everybody who's a possibility has been discussed and is known on here to be in the frame.

To pass some time until an announcement, here's a guess at the top end of the main stage.

Friday - Coldplay, Stevie Nicks, PJ Harvey.

Saturday - Dua Lipa, Pulp, Avril Lavigne.

Sunday - Stevie Wonder, Olivia Rodrigo, Paolo Nutini, Shania Twain.

I did have Stevie Nicks and Olivia Rodrigo the other way around, but two acts named Stevie being back to back sat wrong with me.

5 minutes ago, Krisesk said:

To pass some time until an announcement, here's a guess at the top end of the main stage.

Friday - Coldplay, Stevie Nicks, PJ Harvey.

Saturday - Dua Lipa, Pulp, Avril Lavigne.

Sunday - Stevie Wonder, Olivia Rodrigo, Paolo Nutini, Shania Twain.

I did have Stevie Nicks and Olivia Rodrigo the other way around, but two acts named Stevie being back to back sat wrong with me.

Avril busy the Saturday 

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Avril busy the Saturday 

Her website (might not have been updated) has her down as playing Denmark on the Thursday and then free up until July 2nd.

As long as she appears. Think she would be good!

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Have we ever had a Pyramid Headliner in the last 10 years or so that was a total, complete surprise to us on Efestivals? I can’t remember any.,

More or less every Pyramid Headliner is a surprise to me

6 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Have we ever had a Pyramid Headliner in the last 10 years or so that was a total, complete surprise to us on Efestivals? I can’t remember any.,

I can’t remember if it was a TOTAL surprise but Kanye certainly came out of nowhere given he didn’t have any other live dates lined up.

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Or that time The Who cancelled a French gig to turn up and provide a tepid performance that was instantly forgotten.

edit. d'oh, beaten to it

great minds! 

the performance thats really only remembered for its forgettability - Weller followed by The Who, jeeeezz

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

great minds! 

the performance thats really only remembered for its forgettability - Weller followed by The Who, jeeeezz

I missed Weller because I've been bored senseless by him in the past and knew how dull that would be, Jamie T on the Other stage however had the gig of his life that day.

35 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Don't think there's ever likely to be though as anything vaguely Pyramid sized that is in anyway possible is usually guessed at by someone. There just isn't that big a pool of those artists.

27 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

great minds! 

God it was awful, one of my great Glasto regrets is not leaving that, was it not the Chems on the other stage at the same time, I reply should have gone to that  

12 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Don't think there's ever likely to be though as anything vaguely Pyramid sized that is in anyway possible is usually guessed at by someone.

Along with plenty more that aren't Pyramid sized, or possible.

1 hour ago, Krisesk said:

Her website (might not have been updated) has her down as playing Denmark on the Thursday and then free up until July 2nd.

As long as she appears. Think she would be good!

Then her website is out of date - announced a show in Bedford yesterday, for Sat 29th

34 minutes ago, incident said:

Along with plenty more that aren't Pyramid sized, or possible.

Exactly we've had people suggest holograms etc so I don't think there will ever be a pyramid headliner that would be a total shock at the very most maybe one of the outlier suggestions.