LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

39 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Bit of a piss take now, thought we’d get 2 areas this week now we’ll be lucky to get one!

In fairness we did get 2 in 2 days last time so there's still hope for the remainder of this week!

I'm wondering if the acts that haven't been announced officially yet are still being asked to keep quiet? but then a lot have self-announced? dunno whether to still hold out hope for someone I love who is touring around Europe around Glastonbury time... (Alex G)

1 minute ago, svphie said:

I'm wondering if the acts that haven't been announced officially yet are still being asked to keep quiet? but then a lot have self-announced? dunno whether to still hold out hope for someone I love who is touring around Europe around Glastonbury time... (Alex G)

QOTSA haven't been announced or Self confirmed yet, and they are as good as nailed on. Plenty more big names to come over next few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

QOTSA haven't been announced or Self confirmed yet, and they are as good as nailed on. Plenty more big names to come over next few weeks.

great! I was worried cuz it isn't on his tour poster, but I suppose why would it need to be.

4 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

I'm really interested to see what's happening with Williams Green or whatever is replacing it. One of my favourite places on the site and probably best place to see new bands.

And one of the only places with actual alternative/leftfield/psych/krautrock guitar bands. Rest of the site is all 6 music or radio 2 vanilla dull fest

7 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

And one of the only places with actual alternative/leftfield/psych/krautrock guitar bands. Rest of the site is all 6 music or radio 2 vanilla dull fest

Excluding SE corner, Arcadia, Glade of course

2 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

When it's put like that it reminds me that I really don't go to Glasters for the music, it's just a bonus.

Of course there's plenty of great music, but it ain't my primary focus and I wouldn't really be bothered if they didn't annouce the line up until I was there.

As many on here will know (and be bored to read again), I've been going since 1985 and have built up a great set of festival friends (some I know from outside as well), most of whom still go. It's like an annual gathering for us. In many ways the build up is just as much fun as the event.