LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Got tired of waiting for the map, so I made my own.

image.thumb.png.937827666821f67b0caa65ed6750e134.png

I can't work out what those circles are all over the place even when I zoom in! 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I can't work out what those circles are all over the place even when I zoom in! 

Ha, it's just meant to be my profile photo. Had a very boring and uneventful day at work today, as you can probably tell 😆

My average "heat map" of where I'll likely spend most of my time at the festival. Including the disappearance of Cinemarmeggeddon in favour of an improved Woodsises area.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Someone should make an interactive map where you can feature your favourite position to watch a stage from. 

And some heatmaps - would be great to compare people who have a proper explore versus those sat on their arse all day

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Someone should make an interactive map where you can feature your favourite position to watch a stage from. 

I thought I had seen one on here before by someone who was designing a new app to rival the official Glasto app, but this was a couple of years ago and I don't think enough people downloaded it. 

The interactive one at the VA is quite infuriating to use, and I guess it's not so interactive, more just a point and click telling you about the history and stages etc. https://www.vam.ac.uk/mapping-glastonbury/explore/10s

My position is always fairly standard. To the right of Other and West Holts, to the left of Pyramid. Might change if I have to make a quick exit somewhere else tho!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, p.pete said:

And some heatmaps - would be great to compare people who have a proper explore versus those sat on their arse all day

Saying that, I'm thinking of tracking my daily ramblings on Strava. I bet Wed will be pretty stationary after setting up. Thurs will be massively broad (I try and get round the whole site), Fri-Sun, a mixture of what you said above, lol. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Saying that, I'm thinking of tracking my daily ramblings on Strava. I bet Wed will be pretty stationary after setting up. Thurs will be massively broad (I try and get round the whole site), Fri-Sun, a mixture of what you said above, lol. 

Where are you getting the battery to record the entire festival's ramblings on Strava?

Would be great data and some (veloviewer explorer tiles) if you're into that sort of thing.

Edited by Nduja

49 minutes ago, Nduja said:

Where are you getting the battery to record the entire festival's ramblings on Strava?

Would be great data and some (veloviewer explorer tiles) if you're into that sort of thing.

My phone has a pretty decent battery lifespan. Regularly lasts a day and a half even when I'm browsing a lot on a train, or watching vids while I'm cooking. If I have Strava on in the background it'll be offset that I'll pretty much never be using it in any other way. Then, when I get back to the tent at night, I'll just plug it into my powerbank.

I’d imagine tracking your movements on any app will be battery death. That said, I averaged between 20 & 25k steps a day last year according to my phone. Not sure if that includes dancing but suspect it might?

Typically Woodsies, if announced separately at all, is one of the latter stages/areas to be announced, no? Would love for it to be announced today but seems unlikely in reality.

The new (or at least renamed) stage angle is tangible but do new stages tend to get announced earlier than others? Doesn't seem that way from what I could see...

44 minutes ago, DavoTheWorthy said:

Typically Woodsies, if announced separately at all, is one of the latter stages/areas to be announced, no? Would love for it to be announced today but seems unlikely in reality.

The new (or at least renamed) stage angle is tangible but do new stages tend to get announced earlier than others? Doesn't seem that way from what I could see...

John Peel Stage only got its own poster for the first time last year (there was the odd act announcement many years ago, but no poster) and it came after the full line-up. 

I guess the hope this year is it may come in advance of the full poster due to tye change to Woodsies. We'll see.

When Dance Village changed to Silver Hayes (2013) and when Jazz World changed ro West Holts (2010), they both had special announcements. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1