Glastonbury Hangover Night Routines

gfa

A cider, coffee, porridge, and a couple of litres of water with rehydration salts and a borocca. 

Often I'm still drunk from the night before, which suits me fine because I feel great when I wake up and I just get back on it (while also doing all of the above) and avoid the hangover completely. Might be knocking a few days/months off my life with these Glastonbury benders though haha.

Edited by kemosabe

Key is making up a water bottle before you leave the tent at the start of the day. That way you don't have to think when you get back and can just down it. 

I'll also always splash out on the expensive neurofen, I know it's basically the same as the 60p packs but there's definitely a placebo effect from having the liquid capsules. 

Finally an eye mask and ear plugs to help get some sleep. 

21 hours ago, am00 said:

The rehydration salta before bed are key I think. And sparkling water tastes better lukewarm than standard tap which can be hard to drink a pint of before bed! 

yes! this is my normal life way of doing it too - sparkling not from the fridge helps so much. Hard to carry it into the festival though and its hard to find it there too. Did anyone notice it in co-op last year? It didn't have any at Latitude

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

yes! this is my normal life way of doing it too - sparkling not from the fridge helps so much. Hard to carry it into the festival though and its hard to find it there too. Did anyone notice it in co-op last year? It didn't have any at Latitude

I'm going to have to bring some in too. 2 x2litre I think 🙈 and I'm on a coach! 

Its a "normal life" essential for me too and now that I think about it if I wasn't flying I could bring the sodastream machine ! It doesn't need plugged in etc ! 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I like a smoothie in the morning to help sort me out 

Me too. Preferably green, if nothing else then I mentally feel better prepared/recovered. "Well I've had all that goodness so I MUST be better soon" 

But I hate bananas and most smoothies sold anywhere have banana in.🤷‍♀️

15 hours ago, JoeyT said:

It’s a weird one, I struggle like hell with hangovers outside of the gates but I’m able do 5 days straight of boozing whilst at Worthy Farm with no issues.

Must be the ley lines!

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Fresh air ? And not thinking about it too much … im similar it’s odd 

I’m exactly the same, personally I think it’s all to do with your state of mind. I’m lucky in that I don’t get really bad hangovers, but if I’ve been out the night before and I’m just at home the next day I’ll generally just mope and do nothing all day. When I’m at Glastonbury (or on something like a stag do) my state of mind is totally different, I’m not just sitting at home in normal hum-drum life, I’m at Glastonbury so I want to get up and out regardless of how I feel.

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Finally an eye mask and ear plugs to help get some sleep. 

Lack of sleep is the main thing that makes my hangovers miserable so I've always got an eye mask and some silicone ear-plugs to try and get that little bit extra sleep in the mornings.

Big fan of an ORS lemon hydration tablet and orange supermarket Berocca rip-off cocktail in the morning too. Something that luridly coloured has got to help somehow, surely

2 hours ago, blue6field said:

two soluble solpadine

These.....my go to.....soluble so a much quicker hit, plus equivalent caffeine to a double espresso.  Never fail.

Mind the Solpadeine Plus which you have to ask for over counter.....Paracetamol + Codeine.... more effective still but with all the downsides of Codeine.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Just to bump this thread... What's everyone's go to rehydration tablets/sachets? 

I've taken dioralyte in the past, but curious if things like High 5 Zero will do the same job (and for much cheaper).

Off the back of reading this thread I bought these the other week: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018IV6WQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I can only thank you all, they've sorted me right out after some heavy nights of drinking the last couple of weeks!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Off the back of reading this thread I bought these the other week: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018IV6WQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I can only thank you all, they've sorted me right out after some heavy nights of drinking the last couple of weeks!

Well, guess I'll trial these then 😁

27 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Just to bump this thread... What's everyone's go to rehydration tablets/sachets? 

I've taken dioralyte in the past, but curious if things like High 5 Zero will do the same job (and for much cheaper).

https://www.boots.com/boots-rehydration-treatment-6-sachets-10074961

Boots's own brand is just as good and has basically the same stuff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I usually take a pack of High 5 Zero Caffeine. I used to have one before a game of rugby too, back before the body gave in on me. They're great 👍 

Edited by TheDayman

i bought tesco's ownbrand and it has paracetamol in, so be sure to check when buying yours. probably great for the morning but no point having paracetamol before you go to sleep

All these people mixing rehydration salts with loads of water is a bit mad, takes like drinking ocean water to me no matter how I dilute it.

If you’re like me and hate the taste, drinking it more concentrated in a couple of gulps is better.

Didnt bother with it in 2019 without anything except paracetamol and hayfever tablets , just got back on it. Migraines are my main issue, might have to try the salts this team to negate impact.

10 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Had these over the weekend for a friend's combined stag & hen do - they seemed to work a treat both mornings and no headaches etc 😃

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Phizz-Hydration-Vitamins-Minerals-Tablets/dp/B0176V7V3E?ref_=ast_sto_dp

On 4/10/2022 at 7:51 AM, JoeyT said:

It’s a weird one, I struggle like hell with hangovers outside of the gates but I’m able do 5 days straight of boozing whilst at Worthy Farm with no issues.

Must be the ley lines!

Same.

I went to Arsenal v Man U on Saturday, then over to Wembley for Tyson Fury v Dillan Whyte...drank a fair bit (probably 4 pints at the football and about another 6-7 at the boxing) but also remembered to eat twice and eat again when I got home at about 12.30am.

Still felt like absolute death most of Sunday though! 😞