Glastonbury Festival Good Pub Guide

croiz

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It will be exactly the same this year though, same people behind it, it just won’t be Hotel themed. 

You know what, until you said that I never realised that they actually themed the place. But photos confirm that they made the most token of effort.

2 hours ago, BluePaul said:

There was a new bar in 2019 - The Elephant Bar?  Part of the Carling setup but did have a couple of good craft beers on including Brooklyn Defender IPA and Brooklyn lager

DSC_0608.JPG.a2b63ee3be3579af5cfacc06670da097.JPG 

Think we were here on the Wednesday or Thursday, had green 'walls' inside the tent, I think? 

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Delighted the Beat Hotel is gone. Usually rubbish left everywhere and a real town square in Torremolinos vibe about it. 

Exactly this. 

Would always walk past half expecting them to be doing a wet tshirt competition.

Also the amount of NOS canisters left lying around was disgraceful.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

The Stone Masons was gone in 2019 as well wasn't it?  I found it in 2017 and it was a nice place to sit and regather some energy.

Yes - fundamentally, it got killed by people talking about publicly rather than just being happy that they'd found something secret (and unsanctioned).

14 minutes ago, TheWizard62 said:

Ooo I missed this one - can you recall where it was?

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Where was that?

That's a damn fine question!  Picture below shows the view outside which looks very Marketplace?

8 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Think we were here on the Wednesday or Thursday, had green 'walls' inside the tent, I think? 

Again see below - not really...

image.jpeg.37552597513f00fd493f71e4ac597bed.jpeg

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

To be fair I only found it because people talked about it.

Sure - but ideally those conversations shouldn't have been on efests and twitter where they can be seen by the MDC licencing office..

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Could this be the place to post your Thursday pub crawl routes too 👀 I planned one in 2015 with a map and everything, needless to say we made it to about the fourth one and beyond that I can’t remember what happened.

I’m up for trying another crawl this year, like you we rarely make it past bar four…

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Could this be the place to post your Thursday pub crawl routes too 👀 I planned one in 2015 with a map and everything, needless to say we made it to about the fourth one and beyond that I can’t remember what happened.

did just have a gander back at old pub crawls, this will be something i'm very much looking forward to!