Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

One of my mates worked in there in 2017 so we went to it a few times that year.....did get very busy at times and also very hot - perhaps they've made it an open air stage?

Increase in size would be very welcome - would be concerned about soundbleed over to the actual Glade though - my main worry is that there isn't going to be any music in the actual 'traditional' Glade area? Surely not!

25 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Dairy Ground has largely been changed from crew camping to public camping

Ahh looks like part of Pylon and Rivermead has also changed to Crew camping. We've been to the same spot since 2011! 😞

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don't get the impression it's moved, just that The Glade is now the name of the area, with Glade stage staying where it is. Could be wrong, but Glade itself is still there within the green.

I hope this is correct.  I love the Glade, and it's location in the trees is part of what makes it special in my opinion.

1 minute ago, rubick said:

Increase in size would be very welcome - would be concerned about soundbleed over to the actual Glade though - my main worry is that there isn't going to be any music in the actual 'traditional' Glade area? Surely not!

It looks to me like the actual Glade stage is marked on the map, as "Glade", with "THE GLADE" being the area.

image.png.218dbebb47475338da3e42699f9ad2d0.png

• Like 1

Looks like they have tried to create more space in certain areas. Silver Hayes is way roomier and I love the move of the BBC Introducing stage, that is really a great spot. When I camped in Pylon I always enjoyed the late night vibe of that area on my way home and having a decent stage there will only increase it's entertainment value. 

Can't see the Rum Shack in The Common or Trickett's Bar on the hill so I wonder how complete this map actually is right now.

Just now, TheDayman said:

Here's the SE Corner changes

SE-Corner-Changes.gif

block9 east and west I believe are being curated by 2 brothers that have fallen out ...... so one has one and the other obviously the other ..... id imagine they might be quite competitive over whos area is the best ? 

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Happened in 2019

That's what happens when you break your ankle on the Thursday night 😆.  Didn't get to go anywhere near there other than a quick tour with the newbies on the Wednesday, obviously didn't notice it!

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

block9 east and west I believe are being curated by 2 brothers that have fallen out ...... so one has one and the other obviously the other ..... id imagine they might be quite competitive over whos area is the best ? 

Ooh, the drama for Glasto 22 continues!

26 minutes ago, Lithoniel said:

Sonic been open from all 4 sides is awesome.

No sign of co-op? Will they be in Oxylers again? 

CoOp wasnt on the map last time either, but it’ll be the same place based on the water points I think. 

SUMMARY OF CHANGES:

Disclaimer - lots of this could just be accounted for by the fact the map isn't necessarily entirely to scale, or comprehensive. 

• Beat Hotel is now San Remo
  • Arcadia confirmed as the spider, plus area looks bigger
  • Significant changes in Silver Hayes including BBC introducing moving into back of Pyramid market area
  • Samula is now Totem 
  • New stage in Block 9
  • One of the Unfairground stages appears to be bigger
  • No Rumshack 
  • No Tricketts bar
  • No Wormhole
  • No Avalon Cafe 
  • No trapeze in T&C Field 
  • CAMPING: Pylon shrunk to accommodate staff camping 
  • CAMPING: Park Home is smaller

Also looks like Dragon Field is still staff camping, which is contrary to info we had on here - I think it may have come from @SGS

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So one extra stage in Block 9? 

Yes, I posted about this.... it's in exactly the same position and the same shape as London Underground. 

Maybe, for the glorious return of Glastonbury, they are bringing back the classic stages!