Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

So with where the bus station is, would you recommend we get straight in the queue at Gate A then do the walk down to Paines/Dairy or do the walk outside and join the Gate D queue? More a convenience thing than worrying too much about a spot. 

You get priority entrance at A if you came by public transport, so I’d stick with that rather than wander down to D - it’s a bit of a tossup cos you never know where ridiculous queues will appear, I’d always rather go with the one in front of me than to trek to an unknown 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Maybe because of the lateness of the ( finish ) we didn’t quite see it in all it’s glory … 

Yes I think it might have been overhyped for what it was. If it had just been open when you went in then I think people would have thought it was a pretty cool addition but the long delay in opening it led to expectations that it was never going to be able to match. 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

So with where the bus station is, would you recommend we get straight in the queue at Gate A then do the walk down to Paines/Dairy or do the walk outside and join the Gate D queue? More a convenience thing than worrying too much about a spot. We'll be in on the first shuttle from Castle Cary hopefully as staying there the night before

I'd just go in at Gate A and take the walkways to paines/dairy....will be a lot easier than walking on the mud/grass outside to then join a different queue

Just now, DJ Cull said:

You can, you just have to do a dog leg down into bushy and back up again

Yep. That was always my route into the festival when I camped in Pylon. An annoying inconvenience for those dashing from Ped A to Oxlyers Wednesday morning but it is still doable. 

1 minute ago, DJ Cull said:

You can, you just have to do a dog leg down into bushy and back up again

Sure, it's still kinda annoying though! Darble in general has taken a pretty big hit with the Pylon ground staff camping. Looks like the (pretty terrible) big cafe tent has moved up the track from Pylon, so less there's camping space. Used to be able to cut into the bottom right corner of the field (where I camp) through Pylon, but not any more. With the direct track through Pylon to Silver Hayes gone it'll take longer to walk anywhere.

Most of that would be alleviated if they'd just put the staff camping on the west side of Pylon instead of the east. Ho hum.

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

Big whack of Pylon ground has gone to staff only camping. Might ruffle a few feathers from fans of buzzing/fizzling. 

On the flip side. 2/3 of dairy is now back as public camping. But v annoying for those of us who usually use Pylon

Just now, Junglist1981 said:

Sure, it's still kinda annoying though! Darble in general has taken a pretty big hit with the Pylon ground staff camping. Looks like the (pretty terrible) big cafe tent has moved up the track from Pylon, so less there's camping space. Used to be able to cut into the bottom right corner of the field (where I camp) through Pylon, but not any more. With the direct track through Pylon to Silver Hayes gone it'll take longer to walk anywhere.

Most of that would be alleviated if they'd just put the staff camping on the west side of Pylon instead of the east. Ho hum.

Yeah I agree, it’s not great for those of us who use pylon. Just have to see how it looks when we get there really

21 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Toilets not marked on WV either but they are there. I suspect this very much a V1 map. A market area is marked in Sticklinch for your early morning coffee queue

Indeed - theres some contradiction/lack of clarity about what is hospitality camping in the north west too.  The sticklinch gate isn't labelled.  I reckon there will be a few changes to this.

I'm disappointed the market area for sticklinch seems to be much smaller than the area in WV.  Looks like we wont have the waffle tent 😞

2 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Think has has made the decision for me not to camp in Darble again this year and walk to Webb's Ash instead

2 minutes ago, siblin said:

Indeed - theres some contradiction/lack of clarity about what is hospitality camping in the north west too.  The sticklinch gate isn't labelled.  I reckon there will be a few changes to this.

I'm disappointed the market area for sticklinch seems to be much smaller than the area in WV.  Looks like we wont have the waffle tent 😞

It's just looking like a coffee van at the moment. Hopefully we'll find out more in Sticklinch in the coming weeks. Expecting the follow up email to have more information.

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Think has has made the decision for me not to camp in Darble again this year and walk to Webb's Ash instead

We might have to find some friends with kids so we can blag camping in Wicket Ground again! Only disadvantage of not taking your own children lol

Does anyone know how we’d get to the taxi rank? Would we need to leave via PGA, exit the Yellow Gate and walk down the road? Or could we cut through to the Bronze Gate? I see tracks there but none seem to actually connect to the site. 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Does anyone know how we’d get to the taxi rank? Would we need to leave via PGA, exit the Yellow Gate and walk down the road? Or could we cut through to the Bronze Gate? I see tracks there but none seem to actually connect to the site. 

Or PGD and walk up through the car parks?

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Out of gate a … walk straight across past the cyclist lockup on the left then across the field and turn right … 

Edited by crazyfool1

Maybe the BBC introducing tent has been moved to accommodate a bigger crowd with open sides, someone who may have been book a couple of years ago might have been fairly new, where as today If they are still booked the could be much more popular