Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

2 hours ago, siblin said:

Indeed - theres some contradiction/lack of clarity about what is hospitality camping in the north west too.  The sticklinch gate isn't labelled.  I reckon there will be a few changes to this.

I'm disappointed the market area for sticklinch seems to be much smaller than the area in WV.  Looks like we wont have the waffle tent 😞

According to my markets map (which I feel slightly free-er talking about now that all the site changes are public), there are 2 stalls in Sticklinch. I don't know what they are, though, sorry.

1 minute ago, Lushroom said:

Is blue (2019) the little tunnel I have read about? And does purple (2022) mean it's gone?2129701336_Screenshot_20220504-1642342.thumb.png.92f69711c95b92297449a4a36874a5f4.png1309565933_Screenshot_20220504-1643542.thumb.png.98cdb49d7d9c0f735ee2c4664760bf7e.png

That is the tunnel under the railway line. I wouldn't read anything into the way the new map is stylised - it's just a useful cut through, rather than a major advertised route.

7 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Is blue (2019) the little tunnel I have read about? And does purple (2022) mean it's gone?

This is the tunnel. Trying to recall if it was open at Worthy Pastures as I think it may have been closed off - hopefully just temporarily!

3 minutes ago, incident said:

That is the tunnel under the railway line. I wouldn't read anything into the way the new map is stylised - it's just a useful cut through, rather than a major advertised route.

Yeah realise it isn't a super big deal, just sounds really cute!

15 minutes ago, Sku said:

Without the cut through to Silver Hayes, it seems like Rivermead, Pylon Ground and Darble just got a major downgrade. That's the main walking route to most destinations for those campsites, right?

For Darble you can get round the back by John Peel and into Silver Hayes in pretty much the same time, I'm pretty sure. The map is still showing a thoroughfare between Woodsies and Lower Mead.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

Was the coolest place on site in 2019 on that Saturday.

Big Blue T in Darble is... not on the key, and unique on the map. I seem to remember some long drops being at that point in the past. I assume it's the same this year.  

EDIT: just seen it is toilets without drinking water. As you were...

Edited by Robofish
mistake

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

So with where the bus station is, would you recommend we get straight in the queue at Gate A then do the walk down to Paines/Dairy or do the walk outside and join the Gate D queue? More a convenience thing than worrying too much about a spot - is it something of a shortcut to do it on the outside of the fence? We'll be in on the first shuttle from Castle Cary hopefully as staying there the night before.

I would queue at Gate A. Usually, they prioritise public transport entry so you'll get in quicker. Plus, D will be full of all sorts of overnighters queueing!

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It looks to me like the actual Glade stage is marked on the map, as "Glade", with "THE GLADE" being the area.

image.png.218dbebb47475338da3e42699f9ad2d0.png

Yes exactly this. No way they get rid of the glade stage. It also has concrete pilla structures all year round to house the stage. 

30 minutes ago, Sku said:

Without the cut through to Silver Hayes, it seems like Rivermead, Pylon Ground and Darble just got a major downgrade. That's the main walking route to most destinations for those campsites, right?

Not sure if I am being daft but what cut through is no longer there? There is still a route through by the top of Park Farm as far as I can see. 

44 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So toilets and showers inside WV arent labeled I assume? Seems the only thing I dont see as the ones by Kidzfield are labeled.

My guess is the toilets and showers in WV and sticklinch aren't on the map because they're not "public" ones. They don't want you thinking you can nip up the hill to the WV loos if you're at strummerville.

24 minutes ago, compactdisc said:

This is the tunnel. Trying to recall if it was open at Worthy Pastures as I think it may have been closed off - hopefully just temporarily!

I am pretty sure it was open because I think we walked through it? But now I am doubting myself!

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Not sure if I am being daft but what cut through is no longer there? There is still a route through by the top of Park Farm as far as I can see. 

Fair bit further though. You used to be able to come straight down diagonally through what is now the crew camping side of Pylon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJ Cull said:

On the flip side. 2/3 of dairy is now back as public camping. But v annoying for those of us who usually use Pylon

I wonder if one of those toilets will be in the main Pylon bit and the other for staff?  Will be annoying if there's 2 in the staff side and none in the other! I camped in Pylon last time and was planning to return but may migrate to Bushy this time.

1 minute ago, compactdisc said:

I am now recalling a biblical downpour that soaked the site, so it may have been shut due to that!

We went the very first weekend, and lots changed after too, so very possible both things are true. But WP was meant to be more sedate. I wasn't meant to forget things like I do with Glastonbury 🙄🤣

4 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I wonder if one of those toilets will be in the main Pylon bit and the other for staff?  Will be annoying if there's 2 in the staff side and none in the other! I camped in Pylon last time and was planning to return but may migrate to Bushy this time.

There has got to be more public toilets than what is currently showing on this map. Otherwise, Dairy, Back House and Bushy are sharing 2 sets of toilets. The queues would be mental.