Festival layout/map 2022

March Hare

2 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Other than there being a squiggly looking new tent on the map is there any good reason to believe that the Glade stage would be moved out from its iconic location in the trees?

I'm actually worried now. It is very close to what the glade lounge did look like. It had that structure but it's odd there nothing in the actually trees apart from a dot.

Also didn't someone say there was a rumour they were getting rid of glade stage?!

This would be a fucking catastrophe.

6 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I wonder what the reasons were for turning half of Pylon and Rivermead into staff camping? I have camped in both for many years, it being a safe place to head for those who can only get there on Thursday afternoon. We have always managed to find somewhere to camp there with a bit of searching, and it was always a great, quiet place to camp. I am not sure where I would head I I thought thise campsites might already be full, I don't want to be lugging kit/beer across the site on Thursday afternoon. Those fields have been perfect over the last 10 years for the late arrivers. They are great sites and really close to Silver Hayes, JP and the Other Stage so wonder if that is the reason to keep the crew close to where they will be working? 

I don't understand it. Those NW sites seemed designed with coach travellers and Thursday arrivals in mind. Where else would these people go? They can't be expected to trek across the site with all their gear in hope of finding the odd space that may or may not exist.

Anyway, it may turn out that there is still enough space, but at the cost of the NW sites being rammed compared to before.

25 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah it was there in 2014, remember watching Sasha! 

Don't depress me. What a place.

But maybe they've got an even better idea with the stage?

There was another big screen it's it's own area showing and pumping out the slots from the glade (this was actually under trees. Maybe they are thinking to extend this to be under the trees and having the main stage where the galde lounge was?

But then we'd lose all the glade lounge smaller prog acts?! Oh no. 

Edited by danbailey80

48 minutes ago, siblin said:

yeah definitely wasnt there 2013 and 2014.

Id more guess that the main glade stage will be that blue blob.  Whether its the same shape as the old glade stage i dont know. There will still be other things in the trees.  I'm sure spike will still be there, and they might have something else in that new green spot (which has changed shape).

What wasn't there in 2014?  The main Glade stage? It was. Unless you mean a massive blue tent in that spot of the map?

2014 was the year of the Spaceport and The Spike being introduced FWIW and they've been there ever since.

12 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

I don't understand it. Those NW sites seemed designed with coach travellers and Thursday arrivals in mind. Where else would these people go? They can't be expected to trek across the site with all their gear in hope of finding the odd space that may or may not exist.

Anyway, it may turn out that there is still enough space, but at the cost of the NW sites being rammed compared to before.

There is a load more space in the SW of the site now.

1 minute ago, justinbeeba said:

Just checked the map and there's no sign of Pussy Parlour. This will be my first festival since 2016 and that was my favourite tent to pop in to on the late walks back to Bushy Ground. Is there bad news for me on the horizon?

Silver Hayes is having a bit of a change..

"SONIC & WOW make a welcome return, whilst new additions come in the form of THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB – an art deco cinema structure standing over 40 foot high & FIRMLY ROOTED, a space celebrating all things sound-system culture"

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/silver-hayes/

The Glade trees were Ash Trees yeah, possibly they have ash dieback and so too dodgy to have the stage under them, or they were blown down in the storms. Loads of things missing but then this is only what v1 of the map - didnt we have 5 versions one year b4 the festival?

Just now, Pinhead said:

The Glade trees were Ash Trees yeah, possibly they have ash dieback and so too dodgy to have the stage under them, or they were blown down in the storms. Loads of things missing but then this is only what v1 of the map - didnt we have 5 versions one year b4 the festival?

There have been pictures posted of some of the canopies being hung from the trees already, but, that still doesn’t necessarily eliminate a stage move because that area could still be used for seating or something and the canopies still used anyway.

40 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm actually worried now. It is very close to what the glade lounge did look like. It had that structure but it's odd there nothing in the actually trees apart from a dot.

Also didn't someone say there was a rumour they were getting rid of glade stage?!

This would be a fucking catastrophe.

I spend a very large percentage of every festival at Glade/ Spike Bar/ Gully, and so do a lot of the large group I go with.

Gully RIP, you will be missed - I really liked the music and the setting...post 2017 (?), not a big fan of the relocation of the JP stage...it makes that area seem too isolated from the rest of the festival.

Hope Glade is as good as it has ever been. 🤞

1 hour ago, siblin said:

Then what's the massive blue tent marked on the map 😉?  I'm afraid its wishful thinking - this shows the intention (at least today) of moving the Glade stage.  Unless something changes, we might as well get used to it!

It's not without precedent too - See 2013 (when the spider was in the same area) and 2014 (where they just decided not to have it there, presumably to limit noise clash with the other stage).

It was there in 2014 - I watched many an act there! 

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

There have been pictures posted of some of the canopies being hung from the trees already, but, that still doesn’t necessarily eliminate a stage move because that area could still be used for seating or something and the canopies still used anyway.

One canopy I think 

14 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

We need to see those photos. 

21 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Silver Hayes is having a bit of a change..

"SONIC & WOW make a welcome return, whilst new additions come in the form of THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB – an art deco cinema structure standing over 40 foot high & FIRMLY ROOTED, a space celebrating all things sound-system culture"

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/silver-hayes/

Ah thank you. Hopefully the replacements will fill the void.

I hope the Sensation stage hasn't been scrapped as well (not labelled too). Saw the Wheel of Fortune Power Rangers a few times in the early 10s and they were great fun!

Regarding Glade. There's a chance they've given up on trying to contain the bleed to other stage which tbh is not great (another reason I think other stage is the worst area). 

In which case they have moved over but will still untilise the trees and possibly have it more like it was 2000/2001 when the trees were the roof (not any canopy) 

Edited by danbailey80