2023 legend slot

ProperTea

1 hour ago, Sorcha17 said:

Preparing for abuse here but would Christina Aguilera be too current for the Legends? She's at that Lovers and Friends thing in Vegas.

Doubt Legends slot, but would be a great line up addition.  I'd definitely go see that.

22 hours ago, maelzoid said:

They are not holograms but projections, and almost certainly will not work outdoors during daylight.

It's impressive how they have managed to avoid a bunch of online videos of it. (At least i haven't found any!).

On 1/14/2023 at 9:02 AM, Beerqueen said:

Sting's got a GSH in his tour. 

I'd love to hear all the old Police songs on a sunny afternoon

Was about to suggest this.  Trying to have a look at what kind of venues Dianna Ross played last year and the list is Lionel Ritchie (no), Peter Gabriel or Sting (Jamiroquai & Blondie both at Lytham festival too)

9 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Was about to suggest this.  Trying to have a look at what kind of venues Dianna Ross played last year and the list is Lionel Ritchie (no), Peter Gabriel or Sting (Jamiroquai & Blondie both at Lytham festival too)

He could only do Friday and it would be 4 on the trot if he did. I'd write him off. We just got Lytham tickets for that reason. 

45 minutes ago, Breeze said:

It's impressive how they have managed to avoid a bunch of online videos of it. (At least i haven't found any!).

"They" plead with you not to share videos and honestly, once you're in there it's so engrossing and impressive that 99% of punters realise that a video would never do it justice anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

"They" plead with you not to share videos and honestly, once you're in there it's so engrossing and impressive that 99% of punters realise that a video would never do it justice anyway.

It's very well policed too. Someone in front of me got their phone out and security were all over it about 20 secs later.

Do a Tool. Boot people out for trying to film 90% of the show but then let get the last one as it's unenforceable anyway. Absolute treat watching a band without a sea of phones waving around in front of you. Also quite fun watching people ejected for ignoring the literally thousands of signs plastered everywhere about not filming. 

Edited by BenG92

Was browsing Spotify and saw that someone had a "Glastonbury 2023 Rumours" playlist and was excited to see 10cc on there and thought I'd missed a rumour.  Loved them as a kid and they were excellent when I saw them a couple of years back and would be great at the festival (whether legend slot or not).

Then I saw the playlist also had Bruce Springsteen, Rihanna, Robbie, Billy Joel, Muse and Blur - so I think I'll lower my excitement!

Just now, Jose Pose said:

The thing that blows my mind about Abba voyage is how long it’s been going, how far into the future you still can book for and how much tickets still are. An actual act could never sell that many dates for that much money, so I guess it’s more like theatre than a gig in that respect.

People just fucking love Abba, and rightfully so. 

On 1/14/2023 at 10:45 AM, maelzoid said:

Next year Chesney Hawkes...

I haven't checked this thread in a few days but his tour schedule of England v Wales at the World Cup to appearing on The Last Leg and then Butlins Skegness in the same week last November is pretty manic. Not least all on the one hit song.

Though tbf he was quite good on TLL as a stand-in for an unwell Josh Widdicombe.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think it's getting a lot of repeat visitors. Everyone I know who's seen it has already been twice or are planning on it.

I’d definitely go again.  The staging / lighting is unreal.. I want all gigs to have wraparound lighting and mirrored things dropping down from the roof..  immersive gigs ftw!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I haven't checked this thread in a few days but his tour schedule of England v Wales at the World Cup to appearing on The Last Leg and then Butlins Skegness in the same week last November is pretty manic. Not least all on the one hit song.

Though tbf he was quite good on TLL as a stand-in for an unwell Josh Widdicombe.

Well, I was joking of course. But stick him in the Avalon of an afternoon and I’m sure the tent would be full.

15 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Was browsing Spotify and saw that someone had a "Glastonbury 2023 Rumours" playlist and was excited to see 10cc on there and thought I'd missed a rumour.  Loved them as a kid and they were excellent when I saw them a couple of years back and would be great at the festival (whether legend slot or not).

Then I saw the playlist also had Bruce Springsteen, Rihanna, Robbie, Billy Joel, Muse and Blur - so I think I'll lower my excitement!

I saw Lol Creme perform with Trevor Horn and band a few years ago. Him, Matt Cardle and the singer from Marillion (not Fish) doing Horn written and produced songs by Bowie, Grace Jones, Seal, Frankie etc, but also 10CC songs. Pretty good show and perfect for an afternoon on the pyramid, no matter what day.