2023 legend slot

ProperTea

15 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Aphex Twin is playing Field Day. Can we have him in the legend slot? Get's the camp chairs and blankets moving.

Legend, thanks for the heads up, never caught him before. After seeing Madonna prices she can do one, for that price me and my fiance can do this and get a hotel and it'll still be cheaper. 

Just now, BenG92 said:

Legend, thanks for the heads up, never caught him before. After seeing Madonna prices she can do one, for that price me and my fiance can do this and get a hotel and it'll still be cheaper. 

Check out the APE thread, chatter on there about it. Should be announced soon I imagine.

Mannifesting Darkside subbing into Aphex on Westholts as it would be seminal

Supposedly he was offered Park headline once, and rejected it as he wanted Other headline. Also dropped out of headlining Arcadia last year. So who knows, might have blown it with the festival by now

10 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Mannifesting Darkside subbing into Aphex on Westholts as it would be seminal

Supposedly he was offered Park headline once, and rejected it as he wanted Other headline. Also dropped out of headlining Arcadia last year. So who knows, might have blown it with the festival by now

Shit Park would be great actually. But yeah sounds like that's not going to happen!

I knew I'd mentioned this before...

On 11/25/2022 at 5:23 PM, BenG92 said:

Weird one innit. Aphex Twin is an undisputed electronic music legend but the idea of a field full of people listening to "syro u473t8+e" (piezoluminescence mix) in a sunny field at 4pm is uhhh.... Actually, make that happen. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's very well policed too. Someone in front of me got their phone out and security were all over it about 20 secs later.

The Tron sequence was jaw dropping. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gnomicide said:

The ABBA thing is fine as an event people go to, they know it is just avatars and are happy with that, knock yourselves out. But I hate the idea of an actual live act not getting a spot because it's being taken up by a film show.

I don't think any decent human being would begrudge ABBA this show but it better not become normal practice with other acts.

Unless they build their own venues; completely separate to where live acts preform. This seems unlikely though 

40 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I don't think any decent human being would begrudge ABBA this show but it better not become normal practice with other acts.

Unless they build their own venues; completely separate to where live acts preform. This seems unlikely though 

It’s a totally different thing, requiring a specially built venue for all the lighting effects etc.   I’d love to see some classic tours reimagined with the technology though.

9 minutes ago, Pipine said:

It’s a totally different thing, requiring a specially built venue for all the lighting effects etc.   I’d love to see some classic tours reimagined with the technology though.

Yep I see it as being almost in the same category as a West end show rather than a concert. 

19 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Would absolutely kill to see a David Bowie (or even, problematic as he was, Michael Jackson) show done like this, it's the perfect format for popstars who had specific eras and interesting visual aesthetic. The potential for it is astonishing, and I'm guessing they might look to switch other artists' shows into the ABBA Arena at some point to freshen things up, seems like a decent business model once the Voyage tickets drop off a bit.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Would absolutely kill to see a David Bowie (or even, problematic as he was, Michael Jackson) show done like this, it's the perfect format for popstars who had specific eras and interesting visual aesthetic. The potential for it is astonishing, and I'm guessing they might look to switch other artists' shows into the ABBA Arena at some point to freshen things up, seems like a decent business model once the Voyage tickets drop off a bit.

While you're at it, what about The Beatles. A historic trip from the cavern through the summer of love to the rooftop concert... Would be better than the bootleg beatles.