Ban flags in front of the stages

guypjfreak

Took a paddling pool one year. Got camp set up on Wednesday. Filled the pool up, chucked our beers in. Enjoyed a couple of hours of cold beers. Got up to go for a bimble, realised leaving a big bowl of water sat unattended in the middle of all our tents was a terrible idea. Took eight of us to drunkenly carry it over to the nearest long drop to pour it all away. 

Never again. 

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Flags are ace.

We took one years ago but very quickly realised that carting it around everywhere was a fucking ballache.

I struggle to keep myself upright at Glastonbury, let alone a 40 foot flagpole too 

• Upvote 1

No, I quite like them, maybe fewer would be better, but no flags would be dull as. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it should be banned, same goes for chairs, I do think they need to be banned from in front of the surge barrier but not anywhere else.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t ban flags, ban short flag poles.  And make every flag carry a witty message/image. And discourage flags showing football allegiances, keep them for the football season. 

Thinking of that poor Wolves fan if they implement that rule. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Placid Casual 2 said:

The best crisps are as follows:

Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations

Walkers MAX Paprika

Walkers Prawn Cocktail

Sour Cream & Chive Pringles

I don't eat crisps that often nowadays. However, if I were allowed to mention my favourite crisps, then we'd have to go back in time to another time (1970's) and country. My favourite ever crisp moments were eating these;

Tayto Crisps Cheese & Onion 50 x 45grm : Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

and drinking this;

Cidona - Love Irish Food

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't eat crisps that often nowadays. However, if I were allowed to mention my favourite crisps, then we'd have to go back in time to another time (1970's) and country. My favourite ever crisp moments were eating these;

Is that a picture of you?

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cidona - Love Irish Food

Knights of Cidona

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

and drinking this;

Cidona - Love Irish Food

Had both of them when I was in Ireland last month. It was a grand time. 

you can also get both in sainsburys. 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, flags suck. An outright ban or 'no flags beyond this point' type thing would be cool.

Likely the easiest solution is no flags past a certain point. Cant have any in the front pit at Other or Pyramid so that you can clearly see the stage and the cameras arent trying to avoid them at all costs to get a shot for tele. 

the chair thing seems silly if youre going to try to be up front and sit. Lots of other festivals set boundaries for that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, flags suck. An outright ban or 'no flags beyond this point' type thing would be cool.

I think they just shouldn't be allowed in the front section of the crowd.

They are useful for meeting up and add some flavour to the festival. But if you are in the first 30 rows or so and you're waving a massive flag you're just an arsehole trying to get on tv that's ruining thousands of other peoples view/experience.

Also think the front section should have one side that's the entrance and one that's the exit and be manned by stewards (who could also prevent people taking flags into that bit). Before I went to Glasto I used to go to T in The Park. Glastonbury is better in every other way, but when it comes to managing entry to front barriers T in the Park was actually much better. Glastonbury it's just a mad crush as everyone tries to leave and enter at same time through same bit. Whereas T in the Park did it like I described, one side is the entrance, one is the exit and stewards enforce it.