Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

8 hours ago, Chef said:

Noel Gallagher at Wembley arena last night, picked up a last minute cheap ticket on AXS resale.

Really enjoyed it and thought the sound in there was excellent however glad I was driving - £8.95 for a pint of Madri. Madness

It genuinely caught me out being out for dinner yesterday to see no cocktails below £11-12. Thought a venue beer would be closer to £10 than that.

Dreadzone at the Wedgewood Rooms in Pompey. Absolutely joyous and Spee was on top form. Near enough to a perfect playlist for me 😀

I've seen them consistently every year since they opened the Glastonbury Main Stage in 94 and they're always fun👍

23 hours ago, Starscreenbass said:

Saw Tom Jones in London Sunday night. Still a great voice, not as great as it was but still amazing for 83!

Won the tickets with Ladbrokes Live. I know a few people have asked what you get in the suites if you do win so here’s a few pictures of the view you get and the box

IMG_0899.jpeg

IMG_0907.jpeg

IMG_0914.jpeg

That's pretty good!

Seeing Madonna from there would've been brilliant!

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff from Bring Me The Horizon last night in Cardiff. Good old mix from the new stuff right back to the old bits. Production was superb as well.

On a sidenote, there were 3 'injuries' in the crowd and the show was stopped each time. Show didnt finish until 2312 which I wouldnt of thought would happen at The o2 for example.

Only saw Bad Omens as support, but they were really good. Well worth checking out at their own shows. Missed the other 2 supports beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...

Lottery Winners at the Manchester Apollo last night was EPIC!! I only heard of them last year pre Glasto through Efestivals then saw them at Avalon, one of their 5 appearances on the farm. They truly deserve so much more success and I'm sure it will come in time. Really hoping to see them back on the farm this year. Great songs, funny and really appreciate their fans

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/20/2024 at 7:47 PM, Helsbels said:

Lottery Winners at the Manchester Apollo last night was EPIC!! I only heard of them last year pre Glasto through Efestivals then saw them at Avalon, one of their 5 appearances on the farm. They truly deserve so much more success and I'm sure it will come in time. Really hoping to see them back on the farm this year. Great songs, funny and really appreciate their fans

Such a great live band- always come away from one of their gigs bouncing and smiling. 

• Upvote 1

Took in Miles Kane last night to kick off the latest tour, first time seeing him. Was taken aback at how fast-paced the show was. Seventy minutes, including an unplanned encore, all in all. Plenty of brio, but not sure a four-piece necessarily translates the nuances of the record. Still good.

On 1/26/2024 at 7:47 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Took in Miles Kane last night to kick off the latest tour, first time seeing him. Was taken aback at how fast-paced the show was. Seventy minutes, including an unplanned encore, all in all. Plenty of brio, but not sure a four-piece necessarily translates the nuances of the record. Still good.

Were the Royston Club supporting?  What were they like?

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Caught the Bat Sabbath schtick from Cancer Bats last night in Leeds, thunderously heavy and all played just that little bit faster. You wouldn't want to fork out a ransom for them but at a shade over twenty quid, you can't complain.

I was looking at doing that this coming saturday in Brighton - again, just over twenty quid, it seems like a good ol laugh 

Saw Depeche Mode (for the first time in 31 years! Shhh!) at the O2 from the Ladbrookes Live suite after winning tickets and they were flipping great and the crowd were very much up for it. Saying that, they were utterly motionless for Nadine Shah supporting who was also good I thought. It's a shame I can't use a suite everytime we go to the O2 as being able to order drinks delivered to your seat so you don't miss anything and the toilets being 30 seconds away was rather excellent 😃 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdm22 said:

Saw Depeche Mode (for the first time in 31 years! Shhh!) at the O2 from the Ladbrookes Live suite after winning tickets and they were flipping great and the crowd were very much up for it. Saying that, they were utterly motionless for Nadine Shah supporting who was also good I thought. It's a shame I can't use a suite everytime we go to the O2 as being able to order drinks delivered to your seat so you don't miss anything and the toilets being 30 seconds away was rather excellent 😃 

I can certainly see the appeal of those two perks, but you didn't feel it lost something in terms of the crowd? 

There are many posters here who like to go to a festival and get forward of the soundstage for atmosphere and the view.