All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

2 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

So after winning the Luno competition (pod thing on the Gorillaz day), I can confirm they sent me TWO VIP view tickets for Nick Cave next Sunday. Unreal.

I got a choice of GA or VIP but was told the VIP would only work if I already had a GA ticket so went for GA. Bit annoying that wasn’t the case but oh well.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

There was only 1/2 of Fjaak as well. Good set regardless but bit frustrating as i was (stupid to?) expecting both of them. Daniel Avery might have been the heaviest set i've ever seen, not too sure how i felt about it. lights were silly good

I understand that Felix had a "medical emergency" to attend to, so Aaron was on his own. Still fun, but like a few sets on the day, they're just better suited in darkness. Really enjoyed the day though. For once in London I thought the vibe was decent. Perfect weather, plenty of space. The sound was hit and miss on all stages, depending on where you were stood, but I expect nothing less at a city centre/park event. 

38 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I understand that Felix had a "medical emergency" to attend to, so Aaron was on his own. Still fun, but like a few sets on the day, they're just better suited in darkness. Really enjoyed the day though. For once in London I thought the vibe was decent. Perfect weather, plenty of space. The sound was hit and miss on all stages, depending on where you were stood, but I expect nothing less at a city centre/park event. 

ahh i see - fair enough. day sets aren't the one, Folamour worked well but fjaak fell a bit flat. we stuck it out in the tent until chems after folamour and thats the plan for disclosure too i think with that joy orbison - overmono - fred again run 🙂

9 hours ago, gfa said:

ahh i see - fair enough. day sets aren't the one, Folamour worked well but fjaak fell a bit flat. we stuck it out in the tent until chems after folamour and thats the plan for disclosure too i think with that joy orbison - overmono - fred again run 🙂

Fred's in the tent? Get there early for that one...unless of course you'll probably be already in there. That's a hefty 1, 2, 3, that. Arguably three of the hottest producers around atm. 

Fred's possibly the best thing I've seen all year. The guy's going to be the biggest electronic act around in 2023. That tent is going off. Enjoy!! 

10 hours ago, thescientist said:

I got a choice of GA or VIP but was told the VIP would only work if I already had a GA ticket so went for GA. Bit annoying that wasn’t the case but oh well.

Did yours read VIP Tickets or VIP Upgrade?

1 hour ago, Sean1234321 said:

Fancy selling one? 😍

Unfortunately I'm dragging my partner along to this one haha.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

So after winning the Luno competition (pod thing on the Gorillaz day), I can confirm they sent me TWO VIP view tickets for Nick Cave next Sunday. Unreal.

Who is the email from. I also won on Field Day but still waiting for the email 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Fred's in the tent? Get there early for that one...unless of course you'll probably be already in there. That's a hefty 1, 2, 3, that. Arguably three of the hottest producers around atm. 

Fred's possibly the best thing I've seen all year. The guy's going to be the biggest electronic act around in 2023. That tent is going off. Enjoy!! 

That’s going to be dangerous if they don’t move Fred Again onto one of the main stages. 

1 minute ago, Sketchead said:

Hoping to see The National on Friday - anyone know if it's likely cheaper tickets will become available the day before or anything like that? 

I'll buy full price if not, but waiting to see...

Some less than face value on Twickets atm, but I don't think you'll get any ridiculous price drops this year as it hasn't happened for the other days even with the travel chaos factored in. I'd say about £50 would be a great deal if you see any at that price online. 

The crowd on Saturday had a very high douchebag percentage. Expected at an electronic day but still felt awful. More than once I was stood in a good amount of space just to have someone walk into me instead of around or stand an inch in front of my face when they had feet of space in front of them. Partner had her feet trodden on countless time. Gorillaz day was much more chill but that'll be both demographic and strikes impact on numbers (getting home was a drag!).

Funny moment at Tourist though when some late-teen/early 20s girls next to us kept dropping their drugs on the floor and were very unsubtle and persistent in looking for them. A guy next to us shouted quite loud: "HAS ANYONE SEEN THEIR DRUGS?!" which just sent me into hysterics for a bit. They then all fell out with one another because "I just want you to have a good time" and other cliches. Then the drugs they did have hit and they joined the rest of the above mentioned crowd.

Kraftwerk should have been on the main stage. That crowd was ridiculous.

Music was great for most of the day but I'll question going to a similar day in future as it's just a bit intense for me crowdwise. That said I may drop by a Luno stand on Friday to nab some Disclosure tickets if there are any going (have seen Disclosure and Fred Again already this year but I can't get enough!). I'm looking forward to the laidback indie crowd on Friday now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Some less than face value on Twickets atm, but I don't think you'll get any ridiculous price drops this year as it hasn't happened for the other days even with the travel chaos factored in. I'd say about £50 would be a great deal if you see any at that price online. 

Cheers mate.

And for anyone that's been before, presuming VIP just isn't worth it? 

6 minutes ago, Sketchead said:

Cheers mate.

And for anyone that's been before, presuming VIP just isn't worth it? 

Did it on Friday (not by choice). It's not worth it. It's nice if you have it anyway but it isn't worth an extra £50 by any stretch. It consists a bunch of benches, portacabin loos, a bar and a couple of eateries. The view is off to the left so you are restricted in your viewing options / sound positioning. I wouldn't ever pay to do it again.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Am I right in thinking there are no Twickets on sale on the day … all sales are pulled the night before?

I got sent VIP View tickets from the Luno comp too. They sent me some for the National at first, but I asked nicely and they switched them for the Nick Cave day.

I had VIP on Saturday and was annoyed to find they close the food/toilets area at 10pm. I think I only went in there once for the nice loos, not worth it if you are paying for it.

Anyone that went to Field Day, how immense were Kraftwerk?

we were plumb front of stage with no effort about 10 rows back from the barrier. Sound was perfect except for the first song when there was a bit of a breeze.

visuals were immense, my only regret was we didn’t get the full set but they still crammed an awful lot into their woefully short set!