Glastonbury anti vax nutters

zahidf

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Loads of the 90s old school raves sites I follow seem to be full of anti-vaxxers too. I don't really find it shocking that  a load of people who have been smashing class As for way too long happen to have paranoia issues.

The massive lack of self awareness in not trusting what someone else wants to put in their bodies never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Totnes is no surprise, full of them, fruit loops the lot of 'em 😄, though it is a great place to take a bimble round.

These photos capture the Totnes vibe nicely, not a bad record store mind you and a good saturday food market.

narnia-2.thumb.jpg.1078d5ef2d58a08d29b35f3e198c61d5.jpg

totnes-devon-uk-december-narnia-sign-over-shop-door-totnes-town-has-been-unofficially-twinned-narnia-many-years-179827535.thumb.jpg.7350ae2b37292a7591e4dba71cad06e8.jpg

• Upvote 1

Been in that record shop a load of times.

Trouble with these remaining old school New Agers is their mistrust of the state runs so deep that they cant see the wood from the trees anymore when something comes along that might actually help a situation rather than exploit it. Its a compound failure of government going back decades.

Hoping/guessing the festival will put a firm foot down against any of this shite being prevalent on site next year, like if any of it is even hinted at by a stall/tent in the Greenfields then it’s a ‘pack your bags and kindly fuck off’ thing. I know a lot of people may be against any kind of cEnSoRsHiP or whatever, but that kind of stuff having any kind of voice at the festival would be awful. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hoping/guessing the festival will put a firm foot down against any of this shite being prevalent on site next year, like if any of it is even hinted at by a stall/tent in the Greenfields then it’s a ‘pack your bags and kindly fuck off’ thing. I know a lot of people may be against any kind of cEnSoRsHiP or whatever, but that kind of stuff having any kind of voice at the festival would be awful. 

That’s a good point. There could be some awkward conversations. 
Apart from anything else, it would be a PR disaster 

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Could always make proof of vaccination a condition of entry

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah, I’d rather hear what they have to say. Got to retain that right to speak freely and offend occasionally as long as it’s within the limits of the law. That’s what the place is all about, let everyone be who they want to be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So refreshing reading these posts here in this thread. I for one am utterly exhausted from arguing with the weird, unholy alliance  of new agers, Trump fans and Bexiters and the Piers Corbyn lot, who I still count as lifelong friends about all this. It is a deeply troubling phenomenon.  I'd love to hear any anecdotes from anyone who has experience of a successful strategy that has got through and turned the mind of an anti-vaxer, because all my strategies have failed. It is like a cult.

Edited by bamber

The thing is it's so true 

The more you think about it.... People will pop pills,, do coke,, do flipping K.. And worse H but they will not take a vaccine.. 

They are c.. Ts.. Can't stand them... My granddaughter who is not great anyway would probably die.. My daughter hasn't had her jab... Stupid drives me mad... 

Bloody hippocrates... If that's wrong so are they lol 

Stay safe people one of our lol is ill after BDs.... So keep testing... 

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Nah, I’d rather hear what they have to say. Got to retain that right to speak freely and offend occasionally as long as it’s within the limits of the law. That’s what the place is all about, let everyone be who they want to be.

Definitely.

I think that this is turning into one of most un-Glastonbury threads.  Full of generalisations.  Treat people as people not stereotypical groups.

Listen to people, not decide what their views are based on your prejudices.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

The thing is it's so true 

The more you think about it.... People will pop pills,, do coke,, do flipping K.. And worse H but they will not take a vaccine.. 

They are c.. Ts.. Can't stand them... My granddaughter who is not great anyway would probably die.. My daughter hasn't had her jab... Stupid drives me mad... 

Bloody hippocrates... If that's wrong so are they lol 

Stay safe people one of our lol is ill after BDs.... So keep testing... 

It is tragic that people end up hateing friends and family over this. Tragic. I try not go there, I love these people, but like I said, it is exhausting fighting like this.

Edited by bamber
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tarw said:

Definitely.

I think that this is turning into one of most un-Glastonbury threads.  Full of generalisations.  Treat people as people not stereotypical groups.

Listen to people, not decide what their views are based on your prejudices.

I do listen to people, they are making demonstrably false claims though. I'm not generalising, but recounting my personal experiences with this amongst people I've known all my life.