Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

7 hours ago, kingbadger said:

QOTSA (Pyramid) -> Prodigy (Other) on the Friday would be a dream.

Lizzo (Pyramid) -> Yeah Yeah Yeahs (JPT)

Pulp (Pyramid) -> Elton John (Pyramid)

That'd be pretty swell too. Ticket money recouped in just those 6 sets, anything else a bonus. 

Wouldn't be ticket money recouped. but I'd be okay with it.

6 hours ago, TGCarr said:

I know it's a month later, but Cirez/Beyer is absolutely god tier.

Hope Prydz turns up at Glasto

I have a wedding that weekend or Adam Beyer/Cirez and Charlotte De Witte would be ace.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Lumineers are deceptively large, even over here. Nobody knows anyone who actually likes or listens to them but they still play decent sized venues in this country. Think they’re playing a few 10k+ places this summer and pretty sure they’ve played the O2 in the recent past.

Not sold out crystal palace park, couldn't tell you the capacity but they're not flying out

On 1/10/2023 at 6:38 PM, nikkic said:

Swap YYY’s to The Park and you’re on

That was my first choice but then didn't want the sets to overlap, it's a trek. Now I remember the Park headliner starts much later and yeah I would definitely be down for that. 

On 1/10/2023 at 6:31 PM, Hugh Jass II said:

That said Ho Hey was the first dance song at my wedding. Mrs J’s choice, I wanted Something Changed by Pulp.

You don’t know anybody who likes or listens to them… apart from your wife 😆

On 12/26/2022 at 10:18 AM, charlierc said:

I remember once hearing of Frank Ocean opening for The Killers in Dublin in 2013, which is quite the interesting mix of styles.

Whether its as bizarre as when I saw Dizzee Rascal opening for Muse earlier that year is another matter.

frank he's billy's lad is he? 😛 

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Far more likely for Download which is immediately before/during these dates I’d have thought. Don’t really see where they’d fit in at Glastonbury.

I see what you’re saying but I can hope 🤣

will definitely get a London show ticket, at the moment venue TBA but judging by the other venues probably Shepherd’s Bush 

1 hour ago, ogriff said:

Have we already covered that Bon Iver are back in Europe in June?

Nothing after 19 June at the moment until August... GSH??

Europe dates have been out a while, and yeah it’s just got to be hasn’t it (I’ve been burnt on this one for 5 festivals in a row - stop turning up for cameos Justin!)

Do we reckon Nova Twins will be back? Only did BBC introducing stage in 2022 and their star has risen considerably with the Mercury and Brit nominations, such that they could now play one of the bigger stages with proper TV coverage. Looks like they are doing 2 festivals in Germany over the weekend but that doesn't preclude them being at the farm on the other day 

2 hours ago, theouterlimits said:

Do we reckon Nova Twins will be back? Only did BBC introducing stage in 2022 and their star has risen considerably with the Mercury and Brit nominations, such that they could now play one of the bigger stages with proper TV coverage. Looks like they are doing 2 festivals in Germany over the weekend but that doesn't preclude them being at the farm on the other day 

They also did Thursday on Truth Stage to a sizeable crowd, I think they are worth a stab at a bigger stage but those German dates make it unlikely though not impossible.